How do we love God with our entire soul?

Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' Matt 22:37.

I understand the loving God with your heart, and with all your mind...but what does it mean to love God with your SOUL?

Great question. I believe it means to learn all we can about God's revelation and continue to grow in our faith through prayer, the sacraments, mass, etc.

At some point, consecrate our lives to the Blessed Virgin and Sacred Heart of Jesus. Pledge our lives totally to God's will.

Then, do the best you can.

Your “soul” is the very definition of your existence.

To Love God with your entire soul means to exist for no other purpose. :smiley:

When many do that same thing, they exist as one - with God. :o

Ah! That makes perfect sense!

Hi, you might also like to read Matthew 25, verses 31-46.
Jesus makes clear that to love others with authentic practical assistance is to love Him, God, Son of God, and judge of humankind. Those who do, go to heaven. Those who don't, do not, according to Jesus.

“Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You; or thirsty and give You drink? When did we see You a stranger and make You welcome; naked and clothe You; sick or in prison and go to see You?” Jesus replies “I tell you solemnly, in so far as you did this to one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did it to me.” “In so far as you neglected to do this to one of the least, you neglected to do it to me.” [Matthew 25:37-40, 45-46]

“Anyone who says ‘I love God’, and hates his brother is a liar, since a person who does not love the brother that he can see, cannot love God whom he has never seen.” [1 letter of John 4:20-21]
It also helps to be familiar with the ten commandments, and to live those faithfully!

[quote="PRmerger, post:1, topic:177166"]
Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' Matt 22:37.

I understand the loving God with your heart, and with all your mind...but what does it mean to love God with your SOUL?

[/quote]

The soul is the temple of God. to love God with all your soul is to dwell in the temple with God fully as if it was a loved on sitting in your room. It is resting in that love and offering that love. To love in the soul is the interior life of prayer, communicating with the Holy spirit on an intimite level. The soul is Feminin in structure (though not always in personality) when the Holy Spirit enters into us it is a "Spiritual sexual" union which bring life to the soul which was dead towards god due to sin. this life is Love of God and nieghbor which starts first on the most personal level of the soul. "be still and know I am God". Go deep into the heart and silence the mind and dwell in the Temple of God and You will through the grace of god come to know god and converse with him in love.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.