How do we respond to our bisexual daughter?

Our daughter, who was raised catholic with her 7 brothers and sisters announced last year that her roomate that shared her apt. was “more” than just a roomate.She lives in Mass. and we live in Pa. We were shocked, since she had dated men before, came close to being engaged, and although she left the catholic faith for a wesleyian church, she seemed to believe in her faith. We told her we would always love her no matter what, but we couldn’t accept her lifestyle. Until now, when she came home to visit, she has come alone, and has only told one of her siblings about her being bisexual. Two days ago, she left a message saying she wanted to come to visit next week with her partner, and would stay in a hotel. We are torn, our faith says to love everyone and give them their dignity, and to love the sinner, but hate the sin. Our hearts tell us we don’t want anything to do with this other girl, nor do we want our 17, 15, and 8 year old to see this relationship, and worry they may view our meeting this girl as acceptance. Any help out there as far as ideas go? We are very upset and confused!

bkrazy8,

I am sorry to hear of your current struggles. These links should help you to navigate the situation with grace and faith. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

**Recommended Reading:
[thread=136793]What should a parent of a gay child do?[/thread]
[thread=118957]How do I deal with my lesbian daughter?[/thread]
[thread=20984]Am I a bigot for feeling uncomfortable around lesbians?[/thread]
[thread=20018]Can Catholics judge others?[/thread]
[thread=1848]Accepting a homosexual sibling[/thread]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.