How do you be zealous?

Whenever ‘‘zealous’’ comes to mind I keep thinking of sitting down and praying many hours in a day. However, while this is possible for me as I have free time, do we actually have to do that? Or is it just living for Christ fully? Like desiring to do His will instead of ours?

"Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they who mourn,
for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek,
for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they shall be satisfied.

Blessed are the merciful,
for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure of heart,
for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they shall be called children of God.

Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

Gospel of St. Matthew 5:3-10

When I hear the word zeal, I have a very different image in my mind.

I think of physical actions, like running, or fighting, or having an excitement building up inside of you until it explodes, like a kid on Christmas morning.

I guess it would be using your specific God-given gift with enthusiasm. For you, maybe it is praying. For others who have other callings, it could be evangelizing, or teaching, or anything else they might do for God.

Peace

It is to live with passion.

youtube.com/watch?v=Py_prHQmnvI

youtube.com/watch?v=Nemv5CmWPYc

Well stated post.
Reminds me of Ephesians: NAB)

• And he gave some as apostles, others as prophets, others as evangelists, others as pastors and teachers,
    to equip the holy ones for the work of ministry,* for building up the body of Christ,
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.