How do you bless God?

Can anyone shed light on these paragraphs from the Catechism? How am I able to “bless” God?

Blessing and Adoration (2626-2627)

Blessing expresses the basic movement of Christian prayer: it is an encounter between God and man. In blessing, God’s gift and man’s acceptance of it are united in dialogue with each other. The prayer of blessing is man’s response to God’s gifts: because God blesses, the human heart can in return bless the One who is the source of every blessing.

Two fundamental forms express this movement: our prayer ascends in the Holy Spirit through Christ to the Father—we bless him for having blessed us; it implores the grace of the Holy Spirit that descends through Christ from the Father—he blesses us.

I know that I can bless other people, but how do I “bless” God? Maybe I need a good definition of the word “bless”…

God Bless:confused: ,
Gary

CCC 1078–

Blessing is a divine and life-giving action, the source of which is the Father; his blessing is both word and gift. **When applied to man, the word “blessing” means adoration **and surrender to his Creator in thanksgiving.

That’s perfect… thanks!!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.