How do you explain the Trinity to a Muslim?

My friend, an ex-Catholic, was questioned on the Trinity by her friend, a Muslim, who (naturally) holds that God is One and not Triune. Providence then saw the question to me.

I suppose I’d say that He’s both, but that doesn’t go very far explaining anything.

It occurs to me that it’s going to be a bit difficult explaining the Christian understanding to a non-Christian. So I wonder what sort of guidance you might have on the issue, which goes beyond, I think, this particular doctrine and essentially touches on evangelism itself.

For I can imagine nothing souring a friendship quite so well as, “Your God is false!”

I’d appreciate any help you could offer, and I’d ask your prayers for the parties involved.
God bless you!

These links should give you the answers that you need. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
**Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*]How can one God be a Trinity of persons?
*]Can you explain the concept of the Trinity?
*]How do we explain the Trinity?
*]Did Jesus have a beginning?
*]Does three Persons mean three separate Gods?
[/LIST]

[LIST]
]The Divinity of Christ (Fathers)
]The Eternal Sonship of Christ (Fathers)
]Filioque (Fathers)
]God Has No Body (Fathers)
]God in Three Persons (Fathers)
]The One True God (Fathers)
]The Trinity (Fathers)
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.