How do you fit the Rosary in your day?

If you pray the Rosay with any frequency, how do you fit it among your doings?

Feel free to provide details in a post.

walk every morning around the retirement park, say all 20 decades (on a good day, can’t do it every day if knees don’t cooperate).

Dear friend

No matter how hard I try I cannot pray the Rosary anymore.

All I am able to do is pray one decade and I can only do this because I ask my daughter to sit and say it with me, she says a bit and joins in a bit, she is only 3 years old but knows her Hail Mary and Our Father. I can pray the Rosary before the Blessed Sacrament…I don’t know…

I don’t know what has happened to me and I am quite sad about this. I am still praying and otherwise my prayer vocal and mental is fine as well as daily living as prayer, but cannot pray the Rosary.:frowning: Infact all learnt prayer is very hard for me…what on earth has happened to me???

I just end up sitting holding my beads and talking and listening to God.

Any suggestions???

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

I am new again at praying the rosary. My parents said it nightly with us as a family after dinner, and before we did anything else. We lit a candle and we said it on our knees. I grew up and away from that type of prayer.

So fast forward about 30 years and my oldest daughter, who is a Navy helicopter pilot, is on her first deployment to the Middle East. I suddenly began to remember everything my mom ever told me about the power of prayer and of the rosary in particular. I joined in bible studies, started listening to Catholic Radio, saw the Passsion of the Christ and I feel like a revert that never really left the Catholic church but was sort of numb.

I say the rosary every day now, and sometimes twice. I say it on the way to work. I drive better because I am bringing Jesus and Mary along for the ride and it goes quicly. I then turn on Relevant radio and see who is the speaker for the day. By the time I get to work I feel like I am going to have a wonderful day. I can’t remember when I quit saying the rosary the first time around, but I wish I never had quit. I use the 54 day rosary novena and I pray for my children and my friends children to meet Catholic people to date. I have added anyone from the CA forums that I have sort of met along the way. I believe it is helping already.

My mom made rosaries during the last 30 years of her life and she made special ones for us when we got married. I am thinking of beginning this for my children. I know they may not appreciate it at first, but who knows. They may come to a time in their lives when praying unceasingly becomes the answer to their problems, like in my life.

As a personal note: My daughter finished her first deployment in the Middle East and returned back to her US base last July. She will most likely go on her second deployment in about 6 months. This time my prayer life is in order and I feel like I will handle the deployment much better. It is by far the hardest thing I have ever lived through.

I fit the Rosary into my day by simply getting up early. Yes at my house that means getting up at 4 AM. It is the most peaceful time of the day. I realize that alot of people can not get up that early. Getting up that early also allows me to pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet. Its very intimate time with God

I do 20 decades (4) Rosaries of each mystery throughout the day which I have committed myself to forever… I like to pray them along w/ Fr. Mitch, Mother Angelica and a local BC CatholicTV station… I’ve taken on an additional Rosary for a special intention for someone who is in need… and I also do a 54 day Rosary novena…
I’m home so it is much easier for me than someone who works and, it has become my Apostolate…

[quote=springbreeze]Dear friend

No matter how hard I try I cannot pray the Rosary anymore.

I just end up sitting holding my beads and talking and listening to God.

Any suggestions???

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa
[/quote]

it may be that God is gently drawing you into more contemplative prayer, what Teresa of Avila (your patron) calls mental prayer. Do not fight it, spend the time doing exactly what you are doing (but do not neglect teaching your little one to pray, as you have been doing). Sometime later in life you may need the rosary but right now you may have moved on from reciting the prayers to the state of contemplation the mysteries invite. Have you a spiritual director? such guidance is strongly recommended for someone drawn to contemplative prayer. Our Protestant brothers and sisters are quite right in reminding us that the purpose of the rosary is not to repeat a certain number of learned prayers, the purpose is to contemplate the mysteries of Christ’s incarnation, birth, life, suffering, death, resurrection, ascension and protecting His church. You have simply found a deeper level of the rosary.

Use this website. It helps you meditate upon the prayer.
rosary-center.org/howto.htm

The Pope has asked all of us, Bishops, priests, deacons, religious, all the laity including all the movements, etc., within the Church to promote the Rosary along with Eucharistic Adoration, with our lives.

Many of us world wide, have resolved to follow him in this magnificent work.

We may not make it every day to do that but we sincerely try to do our best to honor the Pope’s request.

Maria

I pray 15 decades of the rosary each day. in lots of 5 as time permits. I haven’t started to do the new luminous ones yet. I like the old revelation to St Dominic or St Louis De Montfort where we make a small crown of roses with each 5 decades , which becomes a big crown of roses when we pray the 15 decades. I offer this big crown to our Lady everyday.
Heres a quote I found-
Ever since Blessed Alan de la Roche re-established this devotion, the voice of the people, which is the voice of God, gave it the name of the Rosary, which means “crown of roses.” That is to say that every time people say the Rosary devoutly they place on the heads of Jesus and Mary 153 white roses and sixteen red roses. Being heavenly flowers, these roses will never fade or lose their beauty.
Our Lady has approved and confirmed this name of the Rosary; she has revealed to several people that each time they say a Hail Mary they are giving her a beautiful rose, and that each complete Rosary makes her a crown of roses.
So the complete Rosary is a large crown of roses and each chaplet of five decades is a little wreath of flowers or a little crown of heavenly roses which we place on the heads of Jesus and Mary. The rose is the queen of flowers, and so the Rosary is the rose of devotions and the most important one.
From the following www-
web.cheapnet.it/ivanao/secret.html

I say all five decades of the Rosary on Saturday mornings. Since it’s so hard to find the time to say it during the week this seems to work out wonderfully for me. I guess I could say one decade each day through the week, but I tend to get a lot more out of it by saying all five at once.

[quote=Lorrie]I say all five decades of the Rosary on Saturday mornings. Since it’s so hard to find the time to say it during the week this seems to work out wonderfully for me. I guess I could say one decade each day through the week, but I tend to get a lot more out of it by saying all five at once.
[/quote]

That’s exactly my case, though I’ve been slacking lately and praying it over the weekend. :o

I’m in RCIA.

I am still learning the Rosary. At this time, I know the “Our Father”, the “Hail Mary” and “Glory Be”. I also have the Rosary Mysteries memorized (only since the start of January 2005).

At this time, I usually pray 5 decades at a time. I try to pray at least 20 mysteries a week (In January, I also enrolled in the Confraternity of the Rosary). If I’m praying the Rosary at night in bed, I sometimes fall asleep before I finish. Once in awhile, I pray the Rosary at my Church’s Eucharistic Adoration Chapel.

I am still learning more about the Rosary.

If you are very new to the Rosary, I recommend reading Father Groeschel’s “The Rosary – Chain of Hope”. Reading the book also helped me to memorize the Rosary Mysteries.

If you love the Rosary, I recommend reading St. Louis Grignion de Montfort’s “The Secret of the Rosary”. The Catholic Book Publishing Company has a new 2004 printing that also includes the Luminous Mysteries. I suppose this book is a good book to sometimes re-read. I’m only half-way through reading it.

= = = = =

[quote=springbreeze]No matter how hard I try I cannot pray the Rosary anymore.
[/quote]

I’m only in RCIA. So I really don’t know much. Please try this:

(1) If your Rosary has not been blessed by a Priest, please have it blessed very soon.

(2) Please also bless your Rosary yourself. Dunk your Rosary in some Holy Water – or sprinkle Holy Water on it. And bless yourself with Holy Water as well. I guess you can tell I used to be a Baptist.

(3) Wear the Rosary around your neck for perhaps a day. If you cannot because it is too small, then put it in a pocket near your heart for a day (perhaps you have a sweater or a jacket with a pocket).

(4) If you haven’t been going regularly, get back into going to Mass each Sunday.
Start by going to confession and then get back into going to Mass.

(5) Set down and pray five decades of the Rosary. No matter how hard it is. Just do it one time to “break through” whatever is holding you back. If you still find you cannot do it by yourself, then see if there is a Rosary Prayer group at your Church where you can pray with them.

Try it out. Let me know how it goes. I really don’t know much, but it seems to me that trying anything to get back into praying the Rosary will be very much worth it as long as it works.

jmm08

I pray the rosary after I drop my kids off at school and before I leave for work. I enjoy the quiet and no interuptions this time offers me.

Peace,

Jen

[quote=puzzleannie]it may be that God is gently drawing you into more contemplative prayer, what Teresa of Avila (your patron) calls mental prayer. Do not fight it, spend the time doing exactly what you are doing (but do not neglect teaching your little one to pray, as you have been doing). Sometime later in life you may need the rosary but right now you may have moved on from reciting the prayers to the state of contemplation the mysteries invite. Have you a spiritual director? such guidance is strongly recommended for someone drawn to contemplative prayer. Our Protestant brothers and sisters are quite right in reminding us that the purpose of the rosary is not to repeat a certain number of learned prayers, the purpose is to contemplate the mysteries of Christ’s incarnation, birth, life, suffering, death, resurrection, ascension and protecting His church. You have simply found a deeper level of the rosary.
[/quote]

Dearest Annie

Thank you, I will take your advice and ask my Spiritual Director when next I see him.

God Bless you Annie and much love and peace to you and those you love

Teresa

[quote=jmm08]I’m in RCIA.

I am still learning the Rosary. At this time, I know the “Our Father”, the “Hail Mary” and “Glory Be”. I also have the Rosary Mysteries memorized (only since the start of January 2005).

At this time, I usually pray 5 decades at a time. I try to pray at least 20 mysteries a week (In January, I also enrolled in the Confraternity of the Rosary). If I’m praying the Rosary at night in bed, I sometimes fall asleep before I finish. Once in awhile, I pray the Rosary at my Church’s Eucharistic Adoration Chapel.

I am still learning more about the Rosary.

If you are very new to the Rosary, I recommend reading Father Groeschel’s “The Rosary – Chain of Hope”. Reading the book also helped me to memorize the Rosary Mysteries.

If you love the Rosary, I recommend reading St. Louis Grignion de Montfort’s “The Secret of the Rosary”. The Catholic Book Publishing Company has a new 2004 printing that also includes the Luminous Mysteries. I suppose this book is a good book to sometimes re-read. I’m only half-way through reading it.

= = = = =

I’m only in RCIA. So I really don’t know much. Please try this:

(1) If your Rosary has not been blessed by a Priest, please have it blessed very soon.

(2) Please also bless your Rosary yourself. Dunk your Rosary in some Holy Water – or sprinkle Holy Water on it. And bless yourself with Holy Water as well. I guess you can tell I used to be a Baptist.

(3) Wear the Rosary around your neck for perhaps a day. If you cannot because it is too small, then put it in a pocket near your heart for a day (perhaps you have a sweater or a jacket with a pocket).

(4) If you haven’t been going regularly, get back into going to Mass each Sunday.
Start by going to confession and then get back into going to Mass.

(5) Set down and pray five decades of the Rosary. No matter how hard it is. Just do it one time to “break through” whatever is holding you back. If you still find you cannot do it by yourself, then see if there is a Rosary Prayer group at your Church where you can pray with them.

Try it out. Let me know how it goes. I really don’t know much, but it seems to me that trying anything to get back into praying the Rosary will be very much worth it as long as it works.

jmm08
[/quote]

Dearest Jmm

Just because you are new to the faith dear friend does not mean that the Holy Spirit has not been working in your heart for many years! Your advice is very welcome indeed and I will take your advice. It’s very kind of you to offer your advice to me.

Welcome to the Catholic faith, please say a little prayer for me and I will pray for you and I will pray and remember your journey in faith before the Blessed Sacrament.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you and those you love

Teresa

I try to leave Rosaries every where I frequent, and in the pockets of my jacket, in my truck, everywhere!
So that everywhere I go - if I am on the go - I can steal time to pray the rosary.
I also try to slow down in a quiet place too, for more of a meditative rosary. But I try to say it wherever I am.

I enjoyed saying the Rosary for many years, driving to work. On the way home, I would pray for the departed members of my family and departed friends. I was never involved in an accident, during this time. Now that I am retired, I say it at various times. The best place of course is before the Blessed Sacrament.

Deacon Tony

My husband got me a “memory rosary” for Christmas. It is a single-decade rosary and the beads keep their place until you move them. That way you can say the Rosary as you go about your day - one decade or a couple of hail mary’s at a time - You can see the picture using the link below.

I also have the Rosary on CD and I sometimes pray it on my daily commute to work.

http://shop.leafletonline.com/Leaflet/productr.asp?pf%5Fid=11285&gift=False&0=dept%2Easp%2Cdept%5Fid%3D276%26menu%5Fid%3D%26Tree%3D%2CSingle%20Decade%20Rosaries&HSLB=False&mscssid=00A0DEFB0987B4EB4B667D3E79E03AB7

I voted other, it depends on how much time I have for prayer. When driving on my way to work, I only have time for one decade. When at home I usually make the time for all 5, but sometimes even there I have time for only one decade.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.