How do you greet Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament?

When entering the Adoration Chapel,I genuflect on both knees,bow down and say"My Lord,My God,My All.I worship and adore you"

What are some other appropriate salutations?

I genuflect and either just say he sign of the cross or the Glory Be. I see others that seem to do things that are more elaborate and I wondered if I was doing something wrong. I’m curiouse whatn others do as well.

I genuflect on one knee. If the Blessed Sacrament is exposed–two knees and bow.

Joe

Genuflect. Sign of the cross.

Any invocation to our Lord can be used. Or a simple/double genuflection can be used with the sign of the Cross. Some invocations that are suitable if you wish:

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

Most Sacred Heart of Jesus [hidden in the blessed Sacrament], have mercy on me.

May the Heart of Jesus, in the most Blessed Sacrament, be praised, adored and loved with grateful affection, at every moment, in all the the tabernacles of the world, even till the end of time.

Let us forever adore the most blessed Sacrament!

O Sacrament most holy, O Sacrament divine! All praise and all thanksgiving be every moment thine!

I make my best attempt to genuflect. Sometimes I just make a profound bow from the waist. My knees aren't what they once were.

I genuflect, sign of the cross, "Lord Jesus Christ I love and adore you." Then kneel in silence in his love and presence for a few minutes. :gopray2::gopray::thumbsup:

I bow, the flexibility of my back that day depends on how profound it is. If the spot is availiable, I go straight to the kneeler in front of the Blessed Sacrament. I am afraid I don't begin with any words at all. I may or may not cross myself (if that's the right phrase for it.) Usually I just kneel there quietly for a few seconds/minutes. If I say anything, it's usually along the lines of, "Hi." I'm afraid I'm not very deep or profound when I'm at adoration. I prefer to just sit quietly and, as much as possible, not even think of anything or pray anything. Just silence. Just the two of us.
Kris

Before I enter I whisper "Lord permit me to enter Thy holy sanctuary " then I go in and lay prostrate while 'saying "all praise be to Jesus in the Most Blessed Sacrament now and forever. " then I carry on with whatever

First kneel with both knees before getting in pew. Make the sign of cross, and start with"HI. I am back for another visit." Then get into my prayer book.

I could easily stay longer than one hour. However, my elderly mother can barely last a whole hour. When I bring her, we stay a little under an hour. It is about a 50 minute visit.

I pray before entering the Adoration Chapel, genuflect and make the sign of the cross and often kneel at the special place in the front. The perpetual adoration of our Lord is carried out by individuals in hour long slots, but many others come. There is one older woman who comes every day for 4 hours.
Often I cry, realizing I am in the physical presence of our Lord.

I kneel w/one knee on the floor for several seconds and say: "My lord, my God--I love you" and make the sign of the cross. After that I sit down in the pew and pray, write letters to Him, or read scripture. This is my favorite time in all the world other than mass.

[quote="Jguerra, post:3, topic:317784"]
I genuflect on one knee. If the Blessed Sacrament is exposed--two knees and bow.

[/quote]

This...

[quote="peaceplease, post:10, topic:317784"]
Make the sign of cross, and start with"HI. I am back for another visit."

[/quote]

and then something along the lines of this. Usually something like, "Good morning, Lord." I'm afraid my time in the chapel before the tabernacle or the exposed Blessed Sacrament is less formal than most people's. I don't mean to appear irreverent, but I take Matthew 11:28 rather literally, and for me spending time in the chapel is more a time of simply resting in His Holy Presence.

I usually bend on one knee and thank the Lord for being there, and then I ask him to help me in my prayer and in my discernment.

I may bow, genuflect, or kneel for an extended bit. If I think of something to say, I say it. If not, I simply hold myself there, then pick myself up and go to pray or leave).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.