How do you know if soul is sick?

How do you know if a disease is biological, genetic, or disease of soul a.k.a. psychosomatic?

I noticed there are instances that the healing happens in a blink of an eye, sometimes gradually, and we know that there are times through surgery and medication.

e.g. Is stress a disease? What category?

How do we know if the soul has something to do with sickness?

I disagree with your definition that pyschosomatic as anything to do with the "soul" especially as a means of diagnosis.

The only illness or sickness for the soul is sin. The only cure for sin is the sacrament of Confession. Jesus Himself instituted the means and processes for receiving the sacrament of confession. Jesus through a Catholic priest can bring instantaneous grace back into a soul darkened with sin.

Easy - take it’s temperature; if it’s hotter than 105, kinda like 400 or 500, should be pretty obvious what the problem is . . . .

Now, getting hold of a ‘spiritual thermometer’, that’s a toughie - they’re real hard to find - maybe check ebay . .

Seriously, I don’t think the question makes sense . . .

What was the question ?

[quote="Julian0404, post:2, topic:189681"]
I disagree with your definition that pyschosomatic as anything to do with the "soul" especially as a means of diagnosis..

[/quote]

Pyschosomatic = Psyche (soul) and Soma (body)

[quote="Julian0404, post:2, topic:189681"]
The only illness or sickness for the soul is sin. The only cure for sin is the sacrament of Confession. Jesus Himself instituted the means and processes for receiving the sacrament of confession. Jesus through a Catholic priest can bring instantaneous grace back into a soul darkened with sin.

[/quote]

According to some studies some diseases have emotional roots and even spiritual roots. For example, when you hate yourself, your body starts destroying itself.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.