How do you pray the Rosary correctly?

When we pray the rosary we are supposed to meditate on the mysteries, and that’s really all I ever hear people talking about when discussing the rosary, but I have always prayed it by asking a specific intention or help for a certain person or people on each bead of the decades. This has worked miracles for me and I know that I have been heard, but what I’m wondering is if it would be more effective if i meditated on the mysteries for each decade instead. I just naturally prayed it the way I do, but now that I know how I’m supposed to pray it, it seems like that way might be more effective. I just want any thoughts on this, anything you think might be helpful and informative. I’m a 21 year old male by the way, and I’ve been praying the rosary daily for about 8 months now, and it has changed my life in incredibly miraculous ways.

[FONT=Arial]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]The following link should assist you in better understanding how to pray the Rosary. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Recommended Reading:[/FONT]

The Rosary

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.