How do you pray when you are in an impossible situation?

I prayed two Mary novena this month hoping that God could solve my problem. However, nothing happened. Now I’m in despair but I keep praying constantly to God. Please help me. Thank you very much.

3 Likes

I had a problem.

I spent about three years trying to bully the other person into seeing things my way and cooperating with me to let me do what I thought I was supposed to do.

Then I spent about three years just sitting back and letting God wave a magic wand and fix it.

Both were wasted time. What I ought to have done was be the person I should have been, regardless of the circumstances around me. I should have prayed for the grace to do God’s will, instead of telling God what I thought he was telling me to do, so make it happen. I should have kept my nose down and paid attention to the things I could influence, and taken care of that, rather than requesting additional things to manage when I wasn’t even managing what I had correctly.

I’m still dealing with my failure. But it’s not the hair-on-fire-frantic-pukey-panic kind of “dealing with the failure.” It’s more of the, “Well, I didn’t do that right, but that was yesterday. Today, I need to do better at what’s in front of me,” rather than obsessing over what-should-have-been.

14 Likes

You might want to try the prayer below:

I pray that GOD will soon grant your prayer request according to His will.
GOD BLESS!

6 Likes

How do you pray in an impossible situation?

“Help”.

Of course you say more words than that. I would recommend statements of faith and trust followed by the specific petition.
Also if it’s a conflict pray for the other person or persons as well as yourself.

6 Likes

For you:

“Hail Mary, full of grace; the Lord is with thee. Blessed art though among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death amen.”

2 Likes

I pray for God to put his shield around me.

2 Likes

God always answers our prayers, just not always in obvious ways or in the ways we hoped for

2 Likes

Whatever happens, do not despair. Pain without faith leads to despair.

5 Likes

St. Monica prayed 17 years for her son, who eventually became St. Augustine of Hippo. So don’t give up!

5 Likes

Actually it was the time when I stopped using more words than just a cry of help and tears that the Lord answered me the clearest. I figured it was because I was getting so wrapped up in myself, my words, and even at times working out a bargain instead of just acknowledging I really could do nothing but just say “help”.

My pride makes that simple word the hardest thing to get out of me.

9 Likes

I appreciate your advice.

3 Likes

Thank you very much <3

1 Like

You’re most welcome. In fact, I’ve included you in my prayer in the latest thread I created: “Let’s pray for each other”. Check it out! You’re also welcome to post your prayer request there so more people can pray for you. For all you know, your prayer will be answered within no time. GOD works in a mysterious way. :wink:

3 Likes

How do I pray in impossible situations? I pray some variation of my request plus “Not my will but your will be done. Help me to accept your will for my life.” This is what Christ did in gethsemane. I find what I really need the most help with is accepting God’s will especially when His answer is not the one I wanted.

Also, don’t forget to praise Him and thank Him for what He has done for you even as you struggle. Because as scripture says:

“Have no anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will keep your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:6-7‬ ‭RSV-CI‬‬

2 Likes

Yes. There are times when that’s the only prayer.

3 Likes

@St.Bede WOW! That’s an OLD prayer folder! Have you any idea when it was printed?

2 Likes

Sorry, I have no idea. I just downloaded it from the internet. :wink:

2 Likes

@St.Bede I have many dating back to the 1800s. I’d guess that this one dates to before 1920, but that’s strictly a guess. Thank you for finding it and posting it. :innocent:

2 Likes

Pray for strength; if this is a cross God wills for you to carry, it has a happy ending.

2 Likes

You’re most welcome !:blush:

1 Like
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.