How do you see or determine if Christ is in people you meet?

How do you see or determine if Christ is in people you meet?

From Matthew 25:37-40, I gather that Christ is present in everyone:

“Then the righteous will answer him and say, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? When did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? When did we see you ill or in prison, and visit you?’ And the king will say to them in reply, ‘Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.’”

By remembering every one has a soul :slight_smile:

Ah, yes, created in the image and likeness of God.

I try to assume that He is present in everybody

Easy… God is in everyone

Some people are soul-less, they gave theirs to the devil. They have dead eyes. They can be restored, ask an exorcist.

God is omnipresent, but I often forget about Him. :disappointed_relieved:

Hmm,how can someone be soulless if they are to have their soul judged when they die?If they were souless on earth they would be walking corpses which doesn’t make much sense to me.

I believe that Christ wants all to be saved; therefore, they all have Christ in them. I need to behave as a Christian towards all and pray for all.

From the Mystical Experiences of Sr. Maria Natalia,

Not so long ago I watched TV. On the screen a man sent a dog after people who were escaping, and the dog tore them apart. I was shaken by this, that in reality one man can cause such great suffering to another and I wished the dog would tear apart the man who roused it to anger against the other. Then I heard the sad voice of Jesus, “Those who are tortured by another man and die, receive special graces from Me and they will receive from Me undescribable happiness throughout eternity.”

But what happens to him, who committed the evil deed? “That man is also My child, I died for him too. And now you are hitting him? The evil he did pains Me less than that you strike him, the one whom I love so much. With this blow you hit Me! I beg you, do not hurt Me. Rather, pray for him, that he may repent, that he may not have to go to eternal damnation, but become one of Mine.”

Then Jesus showed me how ardently He loves sinners. He loves me because of them. This way Jesus covers up our sins by which we are hurting Him. I would not dare to commit them again, because I would hate to cause Him pain. I understood that at the Last Judgment, when all will see our repented sins, they will become glittering jewelry, because of the love of Jesus.

You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God. And remember, this also applies to you when you look in the mirror.

I have no way to tell who has sanctifying grace in their soul and who does not, nor do I try to figure it out, because A. It’s none of my business and B. It wouldn’t change how I interact with them anyway.

Once at a Church picnic I was eating. I glanced up and locked eyes with a man across the table. His eyes were black. No whites. Just black. Soulless. He smirked.

I looked away. It was such a shock. After a bit I tried looking back at him but his eyes had gone back to normal human eyes.

Much later I happened to stumble upon a news article and in it was the picture of the man I had sat across from. He was a former child rapist who had just been released from prison and the article was warning the neighborhood.

Imagine my shock. After seeing the article I knew I hadn’t just imagined things.

I think it’s nice to presume Christ is in everyone but the reality is that sometimes people push Christ out and welcome something else in.

BUT it is better not to go around attempting to presume who has Christ and who doesn’t and it 's better to just treat everyone with dignity and respect.

Christ abides in us and we in Him when:

(Joh 6:53 DRB) (6:54) Then Jesus said to them: Amen, amen, I say unto you: except you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you.

(Joh 6:54 DRB) (6:55) He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood hath everlasting life: and I will raise him up in the last day.

(Joh 6:55 DRB) (6:56) For my flesh is meat indeed: and my blood is drink indeed.

(Joh 6:56 DRB) (6:57) He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood abideth in me: and I in him.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.