How do you think about God?

How do you think about God?

At first, I saw God as my observer, my judge, keeping track of the things I do wrong, so as to know whether I merited heaven or hell when I die. He was out there, sort of like the president. I recognized His picture when I saw it, but I didn’t really know Him.

But later on when I met Christ, it seemed as though life were rather like a bike, but was a tandem bike, and I noticed that Christ was in the back helping me pedal. I don’t know just when it was He suggested we change places, but life has not been the same since I took the back seat to Jesus, my Lord. Christ makes life exciting. When I had control, I knew the way it was–rather boring, but predictable. It was the shortest distance between two points.

But when He took the lead, He knew delightul long cuts, up mountains, and through rocky places and at breakneck speeds. It was all I could do to hang on!!! Even though it looked like madness, He said, “Pedal!” I was worried and was anxious and asked, “Where are you taking me?” He laughed and didn’t answer, and I started to learn to trust. I forgot my boring life and entered into adventure. And when I say, "I’m scared, " He’d lean back and touch my hand.

He took me to people with gifts that I needed; gifts of healing, wisdom, acceptance, and joy. They gave me their gifts to take on my journey, our journey, my Lord’s, and mine. And we were off again. He said, “Give the gifts away, they are extra baggage, too much weight.” So I did this, to the people we met. I found that in giving I received, and still our burden was light.

I did not trust Him, at first, in control of my life. I thought He’d wreck it, but He knows bike secrets, knows how to make it bend to take sharp corners, jump to clear high rocks, fly to shorten scary passages. And I am learning to shut up and pedal in the strangest places; I’m beginning to enjoy the view and the cool breeze on my face with my delightful constant companion, Christ. And when I’m sure I just can’t do anymore, He just smiles and says, “Pedal.”

[RIGHT]Anonymous[/RIGHT]

I like that analogy. Very touching.:thumbsup:

I absolutely needed this thread, thank you and God bless.
:signofcross:

goforgoal

** How do you think about God? **

Reply:

:love: With Love, Love and Love!:love:

With humility and a greatful heart.

With anticipation of being with Him Forever:thumbsup:

Dearest God, please let it be.:signofcross:

Umm…I guess I think of God as a english highschool teacher (that at the beginning you don’t like) Let me explain.
When you start a new class and the prof seems big and a little of a know it all. So at the beginning you try and rebel, you believe that the way you are doing things is right. That the teacher just doesn’t get your style of writing or even thinking. That they just don’t get YOU! You begin to struggle until you notice that you are failing and need to humble yourself to ask for help. You sit on for a little while, you don’t want to hurt your pride or anything. But then comes a day that you wait in your seat until everyone else in class has left, and the only ones left are you and Him. When you gain enough courage to ask for help, a small smile comes over his face, and soon you begin to see the teacher in a new light. From that moment on, you realize the teacher is there to help you, guide you, make you into a better person. You may fall again but the teacher will sit patiently waiting for you to approach once again…
I know it sounds a little corney :slight_smile:

Amanda

A very very patient english teacher. (Which is very rare) :wink: I like this analogy as well. :smiley: I’m one of the students that took awhile to humble myself. But I finally “get it”. :smiley:

I know a lot abour God and i know next to nothing about God. He’s a mystery to me much of the time. About 2 weeks ago I finally figured out why God had done something in my life 20 yrs ago. Stupid creature that I am. Sometimes it takes me yrs to figure out or understand things about God or things that happen in my life. I guess I’m the finite trying to understand the infinite. I’ve been a christian 20 yrs now and have had sickness, suffering, trials and persecution almost the whole time. there was a time when God seemed to become like a ravenous wolf chasing after me and I even left the church for a while thinking that God no longer wanted me. I’ve had a lot of experiences and even with all the pain and the good and the bad I wouldn’t swap anything for the world. i am immensely overjoyed with my time in the chuch and the way God has blessed me so greatly. I may have little but what I have is a wonderful gift from God- I have the faith and all that comes with that, and I have my cross without which i could never be saved. My cross has been quite heavy at times but God has blessed me greatly through it and because of it and the thing I most love is seeing people come into the church. The second thing I most love is seeing people gain faith in God. i have been blessed to see a fair bit of this or hear about it, and God makes sure I know my cross has helped many people. I know little about God but the more I learn the more I love him.:slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing that delightful meditation!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.