How do you usually Celebrate your Patron's Feast Day?

Hey guys! I’m a brand new Catholic (yay!) and I just realized this afternoon that my Patron’s (St. Gianna Beretta Molla) feast day is coming up soon (April 27th, I think). Anyway, that got me to thinking: how do you usually celebrate your patron’s feast day? I’d like to do something, but I have no idea what. Any ideas you could give would be wonderful. Thanks!

Hi Elisa! First, please accept a BIG HUG :hug1: and a WELCOME HOME to you on your recent entrance into the Catholic Church! I’m so happy for you!

St. Gianna Molla is an AWESOME saint! You chose well! I would suggest that on her Feast Day… perhaps, you can place some flowers near a photo of her and pray a special Rosary for Life. Since St. Gianna herself was a medical doctor and because she sacrificed her own life, so that her daughter could live (you are probably well aware, that she and her husband vehemently declined the suggestion of their doctors, to abort their child). I can’t think of a better way to honor this brave woman. She is a role model for ALL of us.

My Patron Saint is St. Therese of Lisieux (The Little Flower). I like to dedicate the first 9 days of each new month to her… by praying The Little Flower Chaplet. I don’t think that there is a Chaplet of St. Gianna… yet. Because she is such a NEW saint!

Hey… maybe you could devise your own Chaplet to St. Gianna! :thumbsup:

God bless you, Elisa!

If you want ideas - how about going to Mass with the intention of offering it up on behalf of the unborn ? Better still, why not ask your parish priest if he can offer it for that intention ? :slight_smile:

When the feast day for Our Lady of Sorrows comes around on the 15th of September, I intend to lead a moonlight vigil with a Rosary of the Seven Sorrows. I’ve already picked out the candles I intend to use; working for a mortuary has its perks when it comes to scoring sacramental goodies like this, but now I just have to twist my manager’s arm to get a discount.

It’ll be a night to remember.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.