How does faith give you a sense of purpose?

One of the main things about religion is that it gives you a meaning in life. What is that meaning and how do people find their purpose within their faith?

God made me to know Him, to love Him, and to serve Him in this world, and to be happy with Him for ever in heaven.

John 14:15 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

If we love God and keep His Commandments, it doesn’t matter what human vocation we seek. Farmer, accountant, candle stick maker, hunter… all work is honorable.

God is the meaning in my life. My Will is now given up to the Will of God.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

God is the light infusing my entire life, from my earliest memories when my mother used to say a simple prayer with us each night. Yes, that was hers, but my life in God is God’s gift, and my own whole-hearted choice!

I do not know what to say…Cannot imagine any other way or purpose or meaning… No.matter how much one stumbles,but how without Him?

Someone’s purpose in the body of Christ is based on their calling. To some it is a call to preach or to be a missionary. For me, it’s a calling to pray. I know how to pray and believe in God’s miracle working power. I’m a prayer warrior. That’s what my purpose is right now.

It helps understanding the evil and wicked ness.
And the who or who is light and salt for Jesus and God.

Like in the bible job . he was a minister prophet before the problems and after the problems. And restored

I try and make sure my week revolves around Sunday,priorities fall into place

I guess we impact all those around us all the time as they do me,I’m called to be a living example in everything I do ,and it’s a struggle be be aware of all those around me that the opportunity is there to help even if it’s just a quick prayer or offering up.My faith gives me purpose because I know everything I do is of great importance to God

Q. Why did God make you?

A. God made me to know Him, to love Him, and to serve Him in this world, and to be happy with Him for ever in heaven.

"I never tire of repeating those words of Benedict XVI which take us to the very heart of the Gospel: ‘Being a Christian is not the result of an ethical choice or a lofty idea, but the encounter with an event, a person, which gives life a new horizon and a decisive direction’” (Pope Francis, Evangelii Gaudium, 7)

Yankeesouth is right in bringing up the Baltimore Catechism. The Church presents the reason we are made, and by the disclosing event that Christ provides - the soul learns for what reason is the truth about their own reason. Only that if their reason is oriented to the utilization of wisdom.

Wisdom is utilized to perfect the soul, that it may make the best use of the knowledge of God and God, in turn, may make the best use of the soul. The effect, if the state of grace is preserved, is a continual growth from the potential of the baptism of being like the Son of God - thus made perfectly actual when the soul passes on.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.