How does God feel when we sin?

:( I just said something really bad to someone. I know I've sinned and I feel so horrible.. I want to go to Confession for it... but I''m really struggling because I feel like God is really angry and disappointed with me, and doesn't want to hear my prayers.

do you think this is true?

if it is, well I deserve it so I'll accept that... I just feel so sad :( I wish I could just stop sinning once and for all. I keep on falling back into it, no matter how many times I try.

You struggle like everyone else. :) Don't worry.

God has immense mercy, greater than you will ever imagine. Ask him for forgiveness and try harder next time to do better. That's all you have to do. You mustn't doubt God's mercy, because that can turn into pride on your part. He loves you.

Just to add to H20's comment-

You should go to Confession at the next chance. Confessing to God is good in itself, but you must go to Confession to get true absolution.

:thumbsup:

God is pure spirit and never-changing. We "assign" emotions like anger, sadness, etc. to Him because we are human and that is how we experience things.

God is loving and merciful. He always wants to hear your prayers.

Monica, if you, as a Catholic, are sorry for your sin and want to go to Confession as soon as possible, why would God not want to hear your prayers? How we feel doesn't determine what is real, thank God! :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone! :)

I really feel like today I've gone back a few steps, spiritually,,
but I do want to go to Confession and get closer to God again.

:(

I think the reason why I sometimes feel that God is angry with me, is because I can't understand how anyone could love as He does. My sins offend Him, and yet He still was willing to die for me.. it's really hard to understand with my little human mind ;) I think I really need to trust in His goodness.

God bless!

[quote="Monica4316, post:6, topic:180117"]
Thanks everyone! :)

I really feel like today I've gone back a few steps, spiritually,,
but I do want to go to Confession and get closer to God again.

:(

I think the reason why I sometimes feel that God is angry with me, is because I can't understand how anyone could love as He does. My sins offend Him, and yet He still was willing to die for me.. it's really hard to understand with my little human mind ;) I think I really need to trust in His goodness.

God bless!

[/quote]

No. Your spiritual self is well formed. You just feel guilty for sinning. Believe Him in that by dieing for our sins, He really wants us to enjoy that eternal life. He will always love you, that’s why He not only died for us, but left the sacrament of reconciliation for us too. :-)

God has given you much and that’s why He is expecting much from you and you know it, too.

One thing that will really help, besides going to confession, is to apologize to the person you have hurt. That will really help you to be humble and kind.

It may feel like that no matter how hard you try, you don’t get any better, but don’t believe that. Just keep trying. One day it will all change. You will be given the grace to overcome. There is no doubt about it.

I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings by saying this or anything but I believe that any sin hurts God deeply. I believe it hurts Him to the core. That said, God is deeply merciful and deeply forgiving.

Yes, but God does have emotions. Jesus Christ is a human! :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.