How Does Mary Enjoy Her Salvation?

Seriously, she must be a very busy woman. As Catholics have described to me, they pray to Mary to deliver their prayers to Jesus since she is closest to Him. She must be a very busy woman since she has some few million (or billion) Catholics praying "Holy Mary mother of God, pray for our sins now until the our of our deaths.

Question: Does heaven exist in time or in eternity?

If you are going to criticize, at least take the time KNOW the words of the Hail Mary.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Get it right before you criticize…otherwise please remain silent

I imagine she enjoys it the same way that all the saved do. . .enjoying the beatific vision, and being **totally and completely united to GOD.

**Logically speaking, if I were totally and completely united to an omniscient being, I myself would be ‘able’ to participate ‘along with’ said Being. If He could hear prayers from millions, I could too.

In fact, were I totally and completely united to God, I don’t see how I could **avoid hearing those prayers. **

Are you implying, Mr. Z., that those in heaven are wandering around (or sleeping) in some sort of ‘separate’ little rooms, not conscious of themselves or of any others, and barely conscious of God --and certainly not conscious of ‘all’ of God? That doesn’t sound right.

We often get this image of heaven where there are wide green valleys, fruit tree’s everywhere and we simply lay down in a hammock and relax for the rest of eternity. Hence, anything that disturbs this tranquility seems like it disturbs the peace.

The more I grow in my faith the more I feel this is a highly inaccurate idea of what it will be like. I have often wondered if doing God’s work for eternity is part of the Joy in heaven. I often wonder if the greatest reward we will have in heaven is being able to simply worship God for ever and ever. Along that worshiping, there is prayer. Revelation gives us a hint of this. It mentions how the prayers of the saints and angels are offered up like incense.

Have you ever had a spiritual moment where you feel so connected to God that all time seems to stop around you? You are not speaking or thinking. That all your strength is in your prayers and your limited body would collapse if only God would stop pouring his love into you? Your heart and soul are just pouring out to God without any mental words or ideas. It just is. Now multiply that by infinity. There is no way any finite number of humans can take up all your prayer time if your prayers are infinite in love and pours out unreserved thanks to God’s own out pouring of love.

I agree here… I am reminded that before the Fall, work was actually enjoyable and a blessing (remember, it didn’t become toil or tiring until after the Fall). If Christ came to redeem and restorer (and elevate even beyond what was originally created), then why wouldn’t that include work? God created humanity to be creative (in imitation of him). We are not stagnant beings, meant to sit around but to participate. I would think Mary loves her role as spiritual mother… it is what she was designed to be, and couldn’t imagine eternal life without any one of her 'children."

:shrug:

When I wrote this I sort of had the image of Mother Mary as a secretary with “prayer phones” going off the hook. I hear near death testamonies of people going to heaven and it’s baisically a fantasy of Alabama fields Florida beaches and Godly warmth.

I’d figure that they would be far too busy adoring Him for that…

In heaven we are at the end of life’s journey; we are in God’s Paradise; we need not, indeed we cannot, travel beyond. Heaven therefore is in a sense something stationary, since it is the complete fulfillment of our being. We have reached God, and we can reach no further. Striving is over; there is now only the unchangeable joy of possession, of repose in God. It is, indeed, the “eternal rest” which we so often pray that God may give to the souls in Purgatory.

Yet this complete repose and satisfaction of our being is no mere passive state. It is the most intense activity. God himself, as we know, is called in Catholic philosophy “pure activity,” and in the measure in which we approach God the intensity of our life increases. Heaven is all activity. The Love of the Blessed is always active!

How can you adore someone without wanting what they want? Since what God wants is the good of all people - and the answering of all prayers that are in accord with His holy will - how can those in Heaven not want that - and pray for it - too?

Imagine marrying someone and saying ‘Hun, I love you, I just am too busy loving you to care a jot about anyone else - in fact I’m so busy loving you that I can’t be bothered loving those whom you love, working for their welfare as you do and so on …’ That’s not love at all!

I guess I should have ben a little clearer, by saying that I referred to the activity described in the text I quoted as being inadequate as they’d be busy adoring the Lord…

\She must be a very busy woman since she has some few million (or billion) Catholics praying "Holy Mary mother of God, pray for our sins now until the our of our deaths.\

**If you’re going to quote the prayer, quote it properly:

It’s “pray for us SINNERS now AND AT THE HOUR of our death.”

As one person put it, there’s different technology and different modes of communication from what exist on earth.**

To the OP:

[quote=Catholic Answers]If being in heaven were like being in the next room, then of course these objections would be valid. A mortal, unglorified person in the next room would indeed suffer the restrictions imposed by the way space and time work in our universe. But the saints are not in the next room, and they are not subject to the time/space limitations of this life.

This does not imply that the saints in heaven therefore must be omniscient, as God is, for it is only through God’s willing it that they can communicate with others in heaven or with us.

The Bible directs us to invoke those in heaven and ask them to pray with us. Thus in Psalms 103, we pray, “Bless the Lord, O you his angels, you mighty ones who do his word, hearkening to the voice of his word! Bless the Lord, all his hosts, his ministers that do his will!” (Ps. 103:20-21). And in Psalms 148 we pray, “Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord from the heavens, praise him in the heights! Praise him, all his angels, praise him, all his host!” (Ps. 148:1-2).
[/quote]

Want more? catholic.com/library/Praying_to_the_Saints.asp

See, Janet, that’s the problem with some of the objections you and some (not all) of your Protestant friends bring up --you present a false dichotomy and then try to argue that the Catholic position goes against some strawman you’ve erected.

You say, “Oh, but they’d be busy adoring the Lord, and (not) listening to prayer.”

Um, yeah, as if “being busy adoring the Lord” completely and totally excluded being conscious of and (in total union with God as we are in heaven) participating with Him.

If only you could stop with the automatic and knee-jerk reaction of hearing a Catholic statement and immediately trying to disprove it by erecting a ‘either-or’ statement and trying to argue that the Catholics can’t be right about X because God/Scripture/you claim that it’s Y instead. . .we’d all be a lot happier. :smiley:

I was not even trying to object. Just because I am a Protestant does not mean that I am protesting everything and anything.
Let me show you what I mean:

And that did not sound right to me either… indeed.
That is why I answered:

They are in heaven… They have the opportunity to be closer to God than ever. This picture of them being “in some sort of ‘separate’ little rooms, not conscious of themselves or of any others, and barely conscious of God” considering the fact that they are so close to Him did sound as ridiculous to me as it did to Tantum Ergo. That’s why I remarked that they would rather be busy adoring Him, than being far away in a little happy place not knowing Him.
I was not arguing. I was commenting and agreeing.
And that is also why I will not comment on this little misunderstanding any more… I am not trying to argue against you.

The God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

In Him,
Janet

Things are different in Heaven. Mary is enjoying her salvation because she is SO close to God.
(And for future reference, nobody be rude, please. :slight_smile: The OP was just asking a question, and just looking for an answer.)

I would think that the greatest creature ever made, The Mother of God, Queen of Heaven,The woman whose FIAT made salvation possible does quite well in Heaven.
Once you grasp a little bit of Her signifiance to us Her children, and us to Her you will understand the answer to your question. Sorry if this is a incomplete answer , yet please think about this.

A: Perfectly

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.