How does one discern whether the following comment on Protestant Baptism is true or false

I do not ‘bash’ Protestants, I think the very fact that even our ‘closest brethren’ no longer have The True Body and Blood of Jesus Christ - They see it as symbolic, a meal in community many things but no longer what Jesus Himself said (In Aramaic it 's Gnaw, I believe): Eat My Flesh. How greatly sad that is to loose knowledge of The Greatest Thing Ever…
Yet I came across another Catholic-Forum of sorts and the topic was The Pope’s Homily about how Some people Claim to be Catholics, are Not, like ‘mobsters’ who follow greed and evil and not the path of God, leaving them Not in Communion with The Church or God.
Then the Following Comment was written and it left me wondering More About Protestants and Non-Catholic Christians - is tyhis Comment Below about trhem and their Baptisms correct?
Seems like it wouldn’t be - yet it would be merciful - and yet they broke away - without Communion of Body and Blood they to me, are as those in mortaql-sin who can not receive Communion until Confession and/or stopping of current situation of sin.
This was the comment:

It would be ridiculous to characterize Protestants as a group as deeply committed to evil, and they are certainly not claiming to be in communion with the Catholic Church. What is interesting about Protestants is that they are by their baptism, in fact, incorporated into the Body of Christ, a status they retain if they do not knowingly reject it. As has often been said, if you’re baptized validly, you’re baptized Catholic. So this is complex, with no parallel to mobsters!

Opinions? is That Comment a Correct Catholic Comment or is what they have written simply not correct? Thanks!

Hi,

If they are validly baptized, then they are truly Christians and have received sanctifying grace. But to call them Catholics can be very misleading. To become Catholics, they don’t have to be re-baptized, BUT they must make a profession of faith. So they are as far away from being Catholics and their willingness to actually be Catholics.

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.