How does one pray the Stations of the Cross?

Hi there,

I’ve been to the Stations of Cross at school (Catholic School), but I don’t know how to pray it individually. I heard this is a nice Lenten Devotion.

Can someone help me?

Thanks!
-Jeanne

Check the internet under the heading, “praying the Stations of the Cross” to find a form that suits you.

Basically, to pray the way of the cross requires only that you meditate at each station. You may be able to find a booklet to help you.

Or if you wish you can say an opening prayer like:

Lord Jesus let me walk the path along which You struggled to Your death, and show me what You bore for love of me and all people.

Before each station you can say:

We adore you, O Christ, and we bless you, because by Your holy cross, you have redeemed the world.

I could be wrong… but I think to gain the indulgence… you must walk the Stations of the Cross… in church.

Having said this, it’s still perfectly fine to walk the Stations… at home. This is what I will be doing, during Lent. Due to my caregiving responsibilities… I can’t easily get to the church, for Friday Stations.

Hope this helps in some way. God bless.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.