how does the RCC "leads a soul to Jesus".

how does the RCC “leads a soul to Jesus?”

p094.ezboard.com/fcatholicreformationfrm22.showMessageRange?topicID=2850.topic&start=1&stop=20

Evanescence

Thanks for posting this website. I enjoyed reading it. Gave me a better perspective on protestant thinking and teaching. I couldn’t keep up with all the missinformation and the various opinions(their interpretations). I need to do more rosaries and chaplets for the breaking down of barriers to truth.

The thread didn’t seem that informative to me.

I’ll mention just one (of many) things the Church does. She sends missionaries to all lands and places, telling any who will listen the good news about Jesus. There are many who have been martyred over the years doing this.

I don’t really understand this thread. Evanescence asks “How does the RCC ‘leads a soul to Jesus’” and then there is a link for a site with a lot of Catholic-bashing going on. What exactly do you want to know?

Well there has been a discussion going on that thread that I have showed you, and the people there ask “How does the Roman catholics lead a soul to Jesus?”

The people were getting upset because no catholic has yet answered their question directly so I just wanted to know how I can answer that question, hoping also it will help stopping these people from bashing the church all the time.

Evanescence

[quote=Evanescence]Well there has been a discussion going on that thread that I have showed you, and the people there ask “How does the Roman catholics lead a soul to Jesus?”

The people were getting upset because no catholic has yet answered their question directly so I just wanted to know how I can answer that question, hoping also it will help stopping these people from bashing the church all the time.

Evanescence
[/quote]

I see. Where to begin? You could start with this quote:

The Church is the greatest wonder on earth–living with the life of Christ, animated by the Spirit of Christ, teaching the truth of Christ, ruling with the authority of Christ, sanctifying with the grace of Christ, sacrificing with the flesh and blood of Christ, forgiving with the mercy of Christ, guiding with the wisdom of Christ, persecuted for the sake of Christ, praying in union with Christ, obeying with the loyalty of Christ, infallible through the presence of Christ, indefectible in fidelity to Christ, honoring the Mother of Christ, one through the prayer of Christ, holy in imitating Christ, universal by command of Christ, apostolic by the institution of Christ–and all this because she is the fullness of the body of Christ.

Source: catholic.com/thisrock/1994/9402iron.asp

The Church gives the Catholic the daily opportunity to receive the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus on a daily basis.

I don’t know how much more of a personal relationship one could ask for.

[quote=Evanescence]how does the RCC “leads a soul to Jesus?”

[/quote]

Odd question in this time, given recent events just this year. Have you never heard of Mother Teresa? As a missionary she devoted here entire life to bringing the word of Christ to India. Pope John Paul II of blessed memory not only sent others, but traveled the entire world to bring the message of Christ to hundreds of millions of people.

Jesus Christ founded His Church, which Scripture says is the Pillar and Foundation of TRUTH, in order to lead us to Him and Salvation. The Catholic Church is that Church which Jesus founded. St. Ignatius of Antioch was borne in 50 AD was taught by the Apostles Peter and John; he was the first martyr to be fed to the lions in the Roman Colosseum. He said "wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is the Catholic Church which delivered this TRUTH down through the centuries before there was a New Testament. The New Testament was determined by the Catholic Church at the Councils of Hippo and Carthage in the 300’s. So there was no New Testament until then, only the Church. It was the Church, with the guidance and protection of the Holy Spirit, which delivered this TRUTH which we now call the New Testament. It was the Catholic Church which spread Christianity throughout the world for the 1600+ years before the protestants even existed.
Even to this day Catholics continue to be martyred while working to spread the Gospel throughout the world.

Your brother in Christ.

Did you know that most of the time, when an international tragedy takes place, one of the first charitable relief teams on hand is Catholic Charities? Need a temporary headquarters for disaster relief? Go to the nearest Catholic Church. The local priest and parishioners will help coordinate resources and logistics.

This has made Catholic Charities a very efficient (over 95% of donations go to those in need) and quick-acting group. What a fantastic way to provide a good example to the rest of the world in carrying out Jesus’ mission here on earth!

NotWorthy

[quote=Evanescence]how does the RCC “leads a soul to Jesus?”

p094.ezboard.com/fcatholicreformationfrm22.showMessageRange?topicID=2850.topic&start=1&stop=20

Evanescence
[/quote]

The Sacraments.

Looks like evanescense is just another hit and run poster. Such a waste of time. I am tempted to stop answering posts until I see if they are willing to engage in a conversation.

[quote=Ignatius]Looks like evanescense is just another hit and run poster. Such a waste of time. I am tempted to stop answering posts until I see if they are willing to engage in a conversation.
[/quote]

Patience, my friend. I’ve participated in her threads before. She lives in Australia and has a different time table then we do, but she’ll be back. When she asks a questions, she’s honestly looking for answers, not hit-and-run, or bait-and-switch.

NotWorthy

1. Suffering and Sacrifice-- Read Robert Royal’s Catholic Martyrs of the Twentieth Century.

2. Prayer–The highest prayer being the Mass. Praying for the Holy Father’s intentions means billions of people united in prayer.

3. Good Example–while the media is content to splatter every example of a bad Catholic, this ignores the multitudes who make others think they are truly of God. Unlike many who pitch in briefly when disasters strike poor nations, Catholics were usually there long before and stay long after

4. Encouragement–Meeting people where they are and exhorting all to heed the universal call to holiness

How about 'dem apples? :slight_smile:

Scott

Post them links to these documents:

Are Catholics Born Again

Assurance of Salvation

Catholics have a different way of doing it. These people believe that one size fits all and that all it takes “to become a Christian” is to pray a prayer once and ask Jesus to come into your heart and “get saved”, whereas Catholics recognize that our whole Christian life is one of ongoing and ever deepening conversion. The idea that we are “saved” at some point and can never fall away is foreign to the Word of God though they have it all “mapped” out as the “way of salvation”.

I personally have to answer that with a line from one of my personal heroe’s movies when he said, “I’m sorry y’know, I don’t buy it. It’s just a little too simple and a little too neat for me”. (Mel Gibson as Martin Riggs in “Lethal Weapon”.)

The fact is that as one honestly reads the New Testament and the whole Bible one soon discovers that Christianity is not as simplistic as our n-C cousins like to advertize it to be. Of course, they tell us that we have it all wrong, but I just shake my head and walk away because what they tell me just doesn’t match up with what the early church wrote about. (Not to mention the Word of God).

If you yank a bunch of stuff outta context then you can proof text it to allege just about anything. And that is what I see them doing and have seen them do for all the over 34 years that I was one of them before I checked it all out and discovered that they are wrong and that the Catholic Church is right. They disagree…but I don’t care because I have done my homework and found that this is the truth.

In the end, it’s not all about “witnessing” to people to “get them saved”, because the Holy Spirit is the real witness that can get to someone’s heart and Jesus is the one who has provided for our salvation. All we ever do is say yes to Our Lord in all he asks us to do. We take up our crosses daily and follow Him.

A Catholic buddy of mine told me that he feels like n-C religions are like some kind of “Christianity Lite”. I laughed at first; then realized that…I agree.
Pax vobiscum,

[quote=NotWorthy]Patience, my friend. I’ve participated in her threads before. She lives in Australia and has a different time table then we do, but she’ll be back. When she asks a questions, she’s honestly looking for answers, not hit-and-run, or bait-and-switch.

NotWorthy
[/quote]

My apologies then.

God Bless

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.