How is Mary a Virgin when in Matthew 13:55 it clearly states that Jesus Brothers are James Joseph Simon and Judas?

I have also read in another location where there is some argument about two of the “brothers” as the Catholic teachings would have me believe that two of them are some OTHER Mary’s sons. I can swallow this until I get to Matthew 13:55.

It even states that he had sisters too! I know that the biblical history pays little attention to female characters and such but to mention not only did he HAVE brothers and he ALSO had sisters.

Trust me, I respect your faith, but I cannot respect twisting of clearly the truth. How you may read this and tell me that my eyes do not see what it sees is quite disturbing. Maybe you have an aramaic translation that reads differently that might shed light on this.

I am struggling hard to give the Catholic beliefs some validity but when I run into stuff like this it just explodes like a grenade in my heart and mind. Sadly, it would appear that Mary’s perpetual virginity is a stretch and always has been. Please, correct me if I may be wrong. But do it in a factual way. No opinions please.

Seeking

The following links should assist you in better understanding Mary’s perpetual virginity. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*]
Doesn’t Scripture imply that Mary had children other than Jesus?**
]* Did Jesus have brothers?**
]* Perpetual Virginity: Why is this important?**
]* Mary: Ever Virgin**
]* Why should any doctrine not explicitly referred to in the Bible, be listened to?**
]* How do you respond to “Everything you need to know is in the Bible”?**
]* How can we know a doctrine is true if it’s not in the Bible?**
]* How do we know that the Protoevangelium of James is credible?**
]* Does Church Tradtion exist only to interpret Scripture?**
]* Non-Canonical Writings…**
]* Oral Traditions not found in the Bible**
*]Immaculate Conception and Assumption
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.