How is Mary the Mediatrix of all Graces?

I was reading this articale at www.catholic.com (catholic.com/thisrock/2006/0609fea1.asp) and this one section quotes the church as saying Mary is the Mediatrix of all Graces.

The Council [Second Vatian Council] refers to Pope St. Pius X, who said that Mary is the “dispensatrix of all the gifts and is the ‘neck’ connecting the head of the mystical body to the members. But all power flows through the neck” (Ad Diem Illum 13).

Other popes and prominent saints have taught the same. In Octobri Mense Adventante, Pope Leo XIII wrote:
Nothing at all of that very great treasury of all grace that the Lord brought us—for “grace and truth came through Jesus Christ” [John 1:17]—nothing is imparted to us except through Mary, since God so wills.
In Inter Sodalicia, Pope Benedict XV told us:
Every kind of grace we receive from the treasury of the redemption is ministered as it were through the hands of the same sorrowful Virgin.
Pope Pius XI concurred in Ingravescentibus Malis:
We know that all things are imparted to us from God the greatest and best through the hands of the Mother of God.

I find this deeply confusing and troubling. I did not feel that the article went into it adaquatly. Could you be as so kind as to address this for me so I could fully understand how she could be what this article says she is? Thanks and God bless.

Hi Montie,

Read this: ewtn.com/faith/teachings/marya4.htm

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.