How is the Antichrist supposed to rise to power if our world is Christian-dominated?

The person I refer to has also recently toured America no doubt claiming more innocents.

When someone tells you it’s ok to have a good time, life is for living, lighten up about sin and God tells me this, He wants you to just be happy etc, I have tried and failed to reconcile those suggestions with Our Lords instructions and I couldn’t, simple as that.

I’ve no doubt some Catholics and other Christians might fall foul of these attacks because the message is beguiling but it’s the uninitiated I am fearful for. There are now huge swathes of people who are only interested in the answers provided by science or indeed not interested at all.

You said “Today even the Christian conscience is imaged as a beast good only for tossing into the forgotten past.”
There is this idea that Christianity is an old idea, an anachronism and not relevant to today’s hip and happening world. You and I know this isn’t so but when children are not being taught even about the happenings of two thousand years ago (which incidentally isn’t actually that long) let alone things which have happened more recently then it’s not surprising that religious beliefs have waned. Perhaps the answer is to carefully choose from the lives of the saints, especially the more modern saints inform people of those things in addition to the Gospels. To make it relevant for the young. After all the Holy Spirit is a difficult thing to believe in if you have never witnessed it or it’s effects.

Actually, about 1/3 of the world identifies itself as Christian.

For the same reason millions of Christians have already fallen prey to the lies and descriptions of the devil today. It is a gradual rationalization, fall*ng away from truth and acceptance of evil. Just go back a few decades and the thought of gay marriage, abortion and contraception were practices that were globally seen as evil. Today many Catholics contracept, abort, support LGBT ideology, and rationalize all sorts of evil. Satan has millions of agents in the world working hard to deceive the global masses of formerly Catholic/Christian nations. Obviously not everyone will be deceived.

There is a lot of mileage between identifying as Christian and actually being Christian, and even more mileage to get to the point of dominating the world.

D

A good case can be made for the idea that Adolph Hitler was the anti-Christ. All you have to do is to read a few history books to see how he came to power in a Christian nation.

According to the Bible the antichrist is destroyed at the time that Jesus returns to earth.
“The beast and the false prophet are thrown into the lake of fire”

Beware of Cardinal V. I question his motives. Conservative against liberal. Attacking the pope publically at a time when the Pope was in Ireland asking forgiveness for the scandal their. :thinking:

But they tell us love is love

Beware of anyone and anything that does not come from God and the Tradition of the Church.

Our culture is Judeao-Christian based but even Pope Benedict said The light of Christianity is flickering out all over the West.

Basically when it comes along the Antichrist will rise out of our destruction with apparent answers for all our ails that will seem to fix the issues. People will begin to worship it as God and say “you must be God!” It will not reject the label. The temple in Jerusalem will have be rebuilt and, if I recall correctly, Judaism will be widely practiced again. I don’t know that we’re that close.

Coincidentally, this article is from yesterday:

Hitler rose to power.
I expect the anti-Christ will also be a charismatic figure who says things that seem very appealing to many people.
The devil, who being an angel, though, a fallen angel, is more intelligent than man, and will well see who the anti-Christ, who he leads, can gain much power.

The Temple in Jerusalem won’t be rebuilt. Thats Protestant or Evangelical teachong. The old Sacrificial system has been replaced by the Perpetual Sacrifice of the Mass. Malachy 1:11 states " For from the rising of the sun even to the going down, my name is great among the Gentiles, and in every place there is sacrifice, and there is offered to my name a clean oblation, for my name is great among the Gentiles, saith the Lord of hosts.

@DignumEtJustum @Carmel

https://www.catholic.com/magazine/online-edition/will-the-jerusalem-temple-ever-be-rebuilt

The Church does not take a position on whether there will be a rebuilt temple.

Is it? It doesn’t feel that way over here in the UK or, I think, in Europe. Secular, ‘progressive’, liberalism seems to have sway over here, I think. Even supposedly Catholic Ireland, look what’s happened/ happening there.

I think Jesus’ teaching about an exorcised demon coming back and seeing the place neat and nicely furnished then going to get seven even worse demons making the victim worse than he was before, about fits the condition of the western nations now. The west is a dechristianized culture.

But the True Church is now the Temple of God
And each Christian is the Temple of God
John 4:21-24 is an interesting passage where Christ says
" Woman, believe me, the hour is coming when neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father. You worship what you do not know, we worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews. But the hour is coming,and is now here, when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. For the Father also seeks such to worship Him ."
Then in Matthew 23:38 He says to the pharisees. " Behold, your house is left to you desolate. For I say to you, you shall not see me henceforth, until you shall say, ’ Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord ’
The Jews had rejected Jesus as their messiah, and consequently the Holy Spirit had departed their Temple. Hence Jesus refers to the temple as ’ your house '. It is no longer
’ the Temple of God ’

Our world isn’t really Christian-dominated.

But it is under God’s control. Hence if more Christians prayed more , the world would be more conformed to God’s will.

Gradually, the Christianity becomes more and more cultural. And right now, today, a lot of very devout people don’t see Christianity as their primary identity. Don’t believe me? Just watch a right leaning Catholic confronted with Church teaching on health care or a left-leaning one on contraception. God will not be used as a mascot forever. Sooner or later people will abandon the Church in favor of their idols and there will the Antichrist be.

How does a right leaning Catholic confronted with Church teaching on health care act ?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.