How is your MARRIAGE?

Self explanatory! :)

My wife is the best thing that happened to me. It certainly has not a smooth ride all the way, but through thick and thin we have always remained faithful to each other and have always worked things out.

No complaints. No marriage is perfect, but overall things are great and my wife and I add a lot more good than bad to each others’ lives :wink:

Need more choices.

Marriage isn't an easy thing. At least it isn't for a person like me who has a lot of selfish tendencies. Adapting to the needs of another, when you're like me, isn't easy. But in my opinion, it's salvific.

My wife and I didn't get along when we first met, but somehow, on that very first meeting, we ended up agreeing to be each other's "confidant". Kind of a long story. But it's still true. My wife is, indeed, my confidant, and I am hers.

Agreed. I am mostly happy…except at 6am when I would desperately like to shower before my husband goes to work but he is grumpy about minding the baby. :smiley:

[quote="Corki, post:4, topic:247171"]
Need more choices.

[/quote]

What answer do you need up there? :)

How about "I'm in a strong marriage because Jesus is the love of both our lives"?

I didn't see that on the list. ;)

[quote="Debora123, post:1, topic:247171"]

[/quote]

I never imagined I could marry this woman. If 2 people are different, it is me and my wife. If she likes white, I like black, if she likes mountain, I, the beach, if likes yellow, I hate yellow. Just imaginary examples.

The first 5 years of our marriage it was pure hell: fight, fight and fight. Simply, we could not let anger last long so or one or the other amended the things.

Then, some years of truce.No start not to get hurt. More wisdom in our minds.

Then, we forgot who we were, for the kids were studying like hell to enter University.

Then, there was a health problem in between and everybody suffered like hell, we went on working and the kids fighting in University.

Till now: what hurted me most in my wife in the early years does not mind anymore. I even find funny. It is not wild passion, it is something deeper, knowing that I am hers and she is mine. That a fight does not last more than minutes.

My wife once told me a story I am hard to swallow. She says than when she first saw me, she felt something like a voice or a feeling that gave her the certitude that she would marry me. I was not her style (I was freak, intellectual, she is gay and lively) and she definitely was not my style ( I was dreamt with a quiet and sweet girl).

Now I know, after that his girl years of marriage and kids (23/20) approaching 25 years of marriage, that She is the Lady of My Life chosen by God for me. and that what I thought was the best would be the worse ( I do not appreciate passive girls anymore) and the things I hated turned out to be the best.

I am not sure I am interpreting God's thinking but this is what I think He thinks...:thumbsup:

Definitely need more choice.

For the first 7 years, I would have checked off strong marriage with my soul mate. 20 years later and 4 kids, until death due us part seems like an awful long time.

person who made up the poll choices ever been married?

I like this one :thumbsup: Wish I could say that about my marriage.

[quote="Debora123, post:1, topic:247171"]

[/quote]

Not really. It is possible to be unhappy in a strong marriage. It happens, now and again. That's kind of how you know it's a strong marriage, is that you get through the rough spots.

Good question.
(Maybe self-explanatory? ;))

More like Sid and Nancy than Bogey and Bacall. :smiley:

A lot of very, very rough spots, but things are still good. Praise God!

Going strong after three years of marriage. Keep thinking throughout the day of little things you can do for her. Daily rosary together is a must, as well as Mass whenever possible. We are pretty open with each other, and aren't afraid to send send sexy texts and let each other know what we want in bed. Oh, and LISTEN to her; show interest in what she has to say. I find that important in my marriage.

I am in a marriage built on Christ and the teachings of His Church; all of them. Our marriage really took root when we both accepted the wisdom of the Church and rejected ABC. ABC will destroy a marriage.

I’m sorry to hear that. :frowning:

Wouldn’t that be choice #2??

[quote="puzzleannie, post:11, topic:247171"]
person who made up the poll choices ever been married?

[/quote]

Yes Ma'am I am very happily married to the most amazing man on Earth! :)

[quote="mwncheesehead, post:16, topic:247171"]
Going strong after three years of marriage. Keep thinking throughout the day of little things you can do for her. Daily rosary together is a must, as well as Mass whenever possible. We are pretty open with each other, and aren't afraid to send send sexy texts and let each other know what we want in bed. Oh, and LISTEN to her; show interest in what she has to say. I find that important in my marriage.

[/quote]

This is so great!

And I agree about sexy texts and being open about... you know. ;)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.