How is your relationship with Christ?

Is it good? How often do you talk to Him? Do you receive Him into your body or just into your soul? Do you listen when He speaks or ignore Him? Has He proposed to you/asked for your hand in marriage? Are you in such a good relationship with Him that He has introduced you to His Mother or His cousins or his grandparents, and you spend time with all of them? Have you ever stayed for a meal with all of them? Is yours a take-take-take situation from Him and you do nothing for Him or give nothing back to Him?

Open to all Christians because after hearing this again and again, and acknowledging it to be a legitimate question, I wondered, how IS it? He’s on my mind all of the time and He has given me graces, but, am I a user?

There’s so much more I could say, but, let me leave it at: How do you KNOW you have a relationship with Christ and what kind of relationship is it?

Well, I always call on God, the father. But, I don’t ask questions. I did ask a question once when I was very young and he answered. But, like the Israelites discovered when he spoke the commandments, hearing him is somewhat stressful.

I have not asked any more questions, but I did ask him to guide me to discover his law as it is written in nature.

www.theosopher.com

Not good. I am selfish went it comes to God for I do not praise him but only call upon him when I desire something (usually upon being depressed or sad). I have always had a hard time excepting God and still today can’t fully embrace his love but that is why I am here. Maybe with time and an open mind I can look beyond myself.

bump

[quote=;5582230]Is it good? How often do you talk to Him? Do you receive Him into your body or just into your soul? Do you listen when He speaks or ignore Him? Has He proposed to you/asked for your hand in marriage? Are you in such a good relationship with Him that He has introduced you to His Mother or His cousins or his grandparents, and you spend time with all of them? Have you ever stayed for a meal with all of them? Is yours a take-take-take situation from Him and you do nothing for Him or give nothing back to Him?

Open to all Christians because after hearing this again and again, and acknowledging it to be a legitimate question, I wondered, how IS it? He’s on my mind all of the time and He has given me graces, but, am I a user?

There’s so much more I could say, but, let me leave it at: How do you KNOW you have a relationship with Christ and what kind of relationship is it?
[/quote]

Nice thread adstrinity. I would like to know how no-Catholic Christians could be truly close to God without the Bible, the Church, Christian History and Christian Traditions and without the Seven Holy Sacramnets… not to mention the need to understand Holy Scripture…in context. I’ve talked to people who have been married five times and don’t go to Church and they feel, “Close to God”. If someone doesn’t understand Chritianity and true Christian beliefs, then serioulsy, how close are they really?

Awful, I think.
I’m trying to get back in line but everything is so hard sometimes.

I can understand that, I think we all been there. For me, attending Confession and Mass more often seems to help and so does reciting the Rosary. You’ll be OK. I pray for you and you pray for me, how’s that sound for starters?

Sounds like a deal.:thumbsup:

Serious question, do you actully think you are eating with him? Like actual food? Do you skip a real meal? Or do you just imagine what it would be like to eat a meal?

Christ is so distant at times because of sins, laziness in prayers and meditating on the word. Usually by constantly going for confession and recieving Him in the Holy Eucharist will repair the relationship into one that is in full communion with him. What more could one ask? :thumbsup:

Something that I am afraid too many of us today are guilty of.
We often see bumper stickers that say, “God Bless America”, but only once did I ever see a bumber sticker that read, “America Bless God”.

I’m glad you are here and I too pray that we will be able to get you “unstuck” from the Mud.

Peace
James

While I seek to live in the Light and mind the Light, I find all too often I fail. I welcome each day as His mercy is made new each morning…so grace is a welcome balm to my soul.

I receive Him each day as I am filled with His Presence and seek His Spirit to cleanse me from all unrighteousness. I turn to Him and seek to dwell within His Shadow. Each First Day as I sit in the Living Silence of the Gathered Meeting, we welcome His True and Living Presence in our Midst…He is Present Teacher and among us as we seek to listen to His Word in the Silence and through the vocal ministry of those whom He moves to speak.

Each morning and evening is a special time for me to offer thanks to the One who knows me best and loves me most. His grace is more than sufficient…if there is any “lack” it is on my part…and I am humbled to silence when His Voice speaks words of comfort and mercy.

You know I never heard it that way before but I guess He did introduce me to His mother before she introduced me to her Son.

adstrinity
Is it good? How often do you talk to Him? Do you receive Him into your body or just into your soul? Do you listen when He speaks or ignore Him? Has He proposed to you/asked for your hand in marriage? Are you in such a good relationship with Him that He has introduced you to His Mother or His cousins or his grandparents, and you spend time with all of them? Have you ever stayed for a meal with all of them? Is yours a take-take-take situation from Him and you do nothing for Him or give nothing back to Him?

Not as good as it should be. Not nearly enough. Life seems to take over and pushes it to the side at times. I would like to think both. Do any of us listen the way we should I know I can be obstinate like a child who does not want to mind their parents. I hope that my relations ship will be this good some day. It would be a absolute honor and that I would be a gracious host. I must say that regretibly that it is more take than give but what can I give that is worthy to God. I have nothing but a rotten human nature that He has graciously forgiven and a week flesh tempeted by sin at every turn. May God, Holy Mother Mary, and all the Saints strengthen my week condition. That I may live my life in upright manor.

Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name;
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace.
Our Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Hail, Heart most holy,
Hail, Heart most meek,
Hail, Heart most humble,
Hail, Heart most pure,
Hail, Heart most devout,
Hail, Heart most wise,
Hail, Heart most patient,
Hail, Heart most obedient,
Hail, Heart most vigilent,
Hail, Heart most faithful,
Hail, Heart most blessed,
Hail, Heart most merciful,
Hail, most loving Heart of Jesus
and Mary;

Thee we adore,
Thee we praise,
Thee we glorify,
To Thee do we give thanks;
Thee we love,
With all our heart,
With all our soul,
And with all our strength;
To Thee we offer our heart,
We give it,
We consecrate it,
We immolate it;
Accept and posses it entirely,
And purify it,
And illuminate it,
And sanctify it;
that in it Thou may live and reign
both now and forever,
and in the ages of ages. Amen.

–St. John Eudes

On a side note, I had heard someone call my name. I heard the voice only in my head, and the voice was accompanied by bright yellow light that appeared in my head with the sound of the voice.

This happened, perhaps twenty years ago, and the voice sounded just like my brothers voice. It sounded so much like him that I picked up the phone and called him. He said it wasn’t him.

Now recently, I heard the same voice, like my brothers voice, call my name. Again it sounded as if the voice was only in my head. Then a few weeks later. My mother was lying in bed, and she said that she heard my brother call her twice, while resting there.

A couple of weeks later, my brother said that heard me call him, and I hadn’t called to him.

The interesting thing is that my voice and my brothers voice are the same. Most of the time, when I answer a call on the phone, and someone is calling for my brother, they think they are speaking to him. In fact there is an actress who my brother knows who still holds a grudge against him for not talking to her on the phone after speaking to me.

Has anyone else had this kind on thing going on around the house? Since it has happend to everyone in our household, I wonder if there are other families who are experiencing this.

I pray to the name Jehovah Shalom. Our Lord our peace to grant you the peace and grace to sustain you during troubled times…

Be well…

I think my relationship with Christ is closest when I receive Him into myself in the Eucharist. This makes me want to love Him more for the rest of the week and to spend more time with Him, and to not sin but try to obey Him in all things.

I don’t know where i’d be without the Blessed Sacrament.

He has also introduced me to His Mother and she has lead me closer to Him :slight_smile:

In a word, awesome

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.