How little I actually know

So i am going to try to stop throwing my opinion out there on everything from the science of climate change to supply side economics, national security and federal regulations. I do know something about spirituality, theology and Catholic teaching. But applying any of it to the above issues also requires in depth knowledge of those issues. That takes time and commitment to those issues. i might throw my opinion out there but I wont be doing much debating.:thumbsup::tiphat::gopray2:.

I think you need a link to a news story for world news.

Maybe this could go in Back Fence.

How about this? At least I can say I am not alone.

“A Shocking Number Of Americans Don’t Know Basic Facts About The US Government”

It found that over 70% of Americans don’t know a two-thirds vote of both the House and Senate is required to override a presidential veto.

businessinsider.com/poll-many-americans-dont-know-basic-facts-about-government-2014-9

The 3-word sentence I use very often: “I don’t know.”

The 5-word sentence I usually tack onto my opinions: “But I could be wrong.”

I think that will work.

Sounds like the second reading of this Sunday’s Mass.
1 Corinthians 2:1-5

When I came to you, brothers and sisters,
proclaiming the mystery of God,
I did not come with sublimity of words or of wisdom.
For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you
except Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
I came to you in weakness and fear and much trembling,
and my message and my proclamation
were not with persuasive words of wisdom,
but with a demonstration of Spirit and power,
so that your faith might rest not on human wisdom
but on the power of God.
Amen.

No surprise. Far too many don’t know who the vice president is or who their representatives are. But that doesn’t stop them from pontificating on their own uneducated views.:slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.