How long before the 'trads' / 'rad trads' etc start criticising Pope Benedict XVi?

Not long I suspect. :rolleyes:

Unfortunatlely I suspect the Pope will attract the the same allegations of not upholding the Catholic faith etc, but as always these characters will just fall short of accusing him of heresy, as they did to John Paul II.

I, for one, will be ignoring them and let them get on with it.

Uhh … wait and see, perhaps?

• Liberian

Ay, I’m cautiously optimistic. I think Tradition has a friend in Pope Benedict XVI, but I can’t ignore his past statements on Fatima, the Mass, etc. We’ll see.

"To thee, O blessed Joseph, do we have recourse in our tribulation, and having implored the help of thy thrice holy Spouse, we now, with hearts filled with confidence, earnestly beg thee
also to take us under thy protection. By that charity, wherewith
thou were united to the Immaculate Virgin, Mother of God,
and by that fatherly love, with which thou didst cherish the
Child Jesus, we beseech thee and we humbly pray that thou
wilt look down with gracious eyes upon that inheritance
which Jesus Christ purchased by His Blood, and wilt succor
us in our need by thy power and strength.
Defend, O most watchful guardian of the Holy family, the
chosen offspring of Jesus Christ. Keep from us, O most
loving Father, all blight of error and corruption. Aid us from on
high, most valiant defender, in this conflict with the powers
of darkness, and even as of old, thou didst rescue the Child
Jesus from the peril of His life, so no defend God’s Holy
Church from the snares of the enemy and from all adversity.
Shield us ever under thy patronage, that, imitating thy example
and strengthened by thy help, we may live a holy life, die a
happy death, and attain everlasting bliss in Heaven. Amen. "

In Passio D.N.I.C.,

Brock

[quote=VladDmtri]I think Tradition has a friend in Pope Benedict XVI, but I can’t ignore his past statements on Fatima, the Mass, etc. We’ll see.

[/quote]

what did he say?

[quote=JGC]Not long I suspect. :rolleyes:

Unfortunatlely I suspect the Pope will attract the the same allegations of not upholding the Catholic faith etc, but as always these characters will just fall short of accusing him of heresy, as they did to John Paul II.

I, for one, will be ignoring them and let them get on with it.
[/quote]

Not before somebody starts a thread asking when the "trads/rad-trads’ start critisizing PBXVI

Clearly you have no intention of ignoring Traditional Catholics or you would not have started this ridiculous thread.

You can count me as a Traditional Catholic that is absolutley thrilled about BXVI being our pope.

I apologize if I seem a little harsh - its 1:15am, I have to get up early, I’m tired yet I cannot sleep.

[quote=Adonis33]Not before somebody starts a thread asking when the "trads/rad-trads’ start critisizing PBXVI

Clearly you have no intention of ignoring Traditional Catholics or you would not have started this ridiculous thread.

You can count me as a Traditional Catholic that is absolutley thrilled about BXVI being our pope.

I apologize if I seem a little harsh - its 1:15am, I have to get up early, I’m tired yet I cannot sleep.
[/quote]

Yes, the author of this thread needs to distinguish those who are Traditional and have remained within the Catholic Flock fully versus those who have rebelled on both sides. The attack will come from both sides extreme modernists and extreme traditinalists. Likewise, I consider myself a Traditional Catholic although I am real young, and I pray that all with come into the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church whatever their sores may be. :slight_smile: Thanks and God Bless.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.