How many languages can Satan speak?

Just curious

Since satan lives in the hearts of evil men, and since evil men can be found in every culture, it is reasonable to assume that he can speak all languages.

on another note can Satan tempt us in different languages by mistake?

or not?

After all, he isnt perfect.

[quote=Magicsilence]on another note can Satan tempt us in different languages by mistake?

or not?

After all, he isnt perfect.
[/quote]

I highly doubt it. While satan isn’t perfect, he was created in an imperically higher degree of perfection than you or I could imagine.

God Bless,
RyanL

I don’t know how many he can speak or understand and I don’t particularly care!!

I do, however, know of a language that he can’t understand! That is the language of silence. This is how we must communicate with God through the Holy Spirit. Satan prowls around lisitening intently, in silence he hears nothing and is confounded.

The school of the Holy Spirit is run in silence for this very reason.

[quote=Fergal]I don’t know how many he can speak or understand and I don’t particularly care!!

I do, however, know of a language that he can’t understand! That is the language of silence. This is how we must communicate with God through the Holy Spirit. Satan prowls around lisitening intently, in silence he hears nothing and is confounded.

The school of the Holy Spirit is run in silence for this very reason.
[/quote]

Another is the language of prayer :smiley:

Asking about his linguistic abilities is like asking when he last watched “The Simpsons” :slight_smile: (He appears in a couple of episodes) :slight_smile: ##

The Basques say that the Devil tried to learn their language in order to tempt them, but gave up in despair.

**Satan is a fallen Archangel. He was once God’s right hand man. Angels are capable of understanding any language and can communicate to us in any language. Satan is the biggest deciever. He sometimes disguises himself and even tries to imitate Christ as in his Apparition to St. Martin. In 2 Corrinthians 11:14 St. Paul says that Satan can transform into an angel of light to try to seduce souls. **

• 42 -

:yup:

Tell me how many languages there are and I’ll tell you how many it can speak. I wonder if it can speak vulcan?

Like, more than the Pope man. More than the Pope.

This question is like asking what languages that St Michael the Archangel can speak…whatever human language there is, he can speak.

But his classical language is ‘latin’…:smiley:

Only one – everything he speaks is a lie.

peace–
magdalisa

[quote=magdalisa]Only one – everything he speaks is a lie.

peace–
magdalisa
[/quote]

:amen:
besides, who cares, don’t listen to him, he’s a liar!!

[quote=magdalisa]Only one – everything he speaks is a lie.

peace–
magdalisa
[/quote]

This is not 100% true…he uses a kernel of truth and surrounds it with lies. How do you think he ensnares people? It is his MO.

None. Languages are a part of our physical, human nature, and are purely functions our minds. The type and number of languages we comprehend are acquired and stored in our brains, which are physical. Languages are not inherent to our souls. Everything of the supernatural are not constrained by such limitations as language, as their understanding is beyond the limits of the brain. The language barrier will cease to exist for us after we die.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.