how many muslims are there in the world?

Hi,
my niece is writing a paper for her youth group and she doesn’t have internet access at home and she’s missing a couple of pieces of information. So, I thought I would ask some of the smart folks on this forrum for a little help.

does anyone know how many Muslims there in the world? And, are there more Muslims than Christians (including both Catholics and Protestants)?

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Hi :slight_smile: Christians are more, circa 2 billions. Muslims, if not mistaken, 1.2 billion.

I don’t know if you will find definite answers, but that’s what i read :slight_smile:

Try this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_world

Muslims, number approximately 1.4 - 1.6 billion people

cool, thanks. I just needed a broad number. that works :slight_smile:

cair-net.org/default.asp?Page=aboutIslam

mmm am not sure about Wiki. Cair (the one i provided) is an Islamic site.

Arent’t there only like 20 million jews in the world?

Valke2 said 15 million…but let’s say between 15-20.

Suddenly everything got dark and gloomy

As described in the Muslim author Stephen Schwartz “Two Faces of Islam” CAIR is a radical terrorist front group. Who would have thought?

CDL

It doesn’t sound that radical to me:

["We condemn in the strongest terms possible what are apparently vicious and cowardly acts of terrorism against innocent civilians. We join with all Americans in calling for the swift apprehension and punishment of the perpetrators. No cause could ever be assisted by such immoral acts.

"All members of the Muslim community are asked to offer whatever help they can to the victims and their families. Muslim medical professionals should go to the scenes of the attacks to offer aid and comfort to the victims. ](“http://www.cair.com/html/911statements.html”)

where and why?

Well, it made me think of one of Nostradamus’s predictions.
The Muslim armies would invade Europe from the South.
This became WW3…

The current Jewish population is over 14.5 million, the majority of whom live in the United States and Israel.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jews

The actually number is most likely 1.1 billion muslims, but they constantly inflate the number so they can claim huge growth. On the safe side you can estimate about 1.3 billion. If you ask them they will tell you 8 billion.

Gracias.

don’t worry, whatever happens, we got Jesus’ promise :thumbsup:

where can i read about Nostradamus online btw?

Perhaps you did not know that several founding members of CAIR were convicted of terrorism-related charges and other crimes.

Perhaps you did not know that the stated aim of CAIR is for Islam to be the dominant religion in the USA.

Apparently, two former FBI counter-terrorism chiefs have said that CAIR is a spin-off the Islamic Association for Palestine which is a front group for Hamas.

Did you know that CAIR was caught red-handed duping people wanted to donate to the 9/11 terrorist attack into donating to the Land Foundation for Relief and Development, an Islamic ‘charity’ that was closed down by government for raising millions of dollars annually for Hamas? frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=13175

So instead of donating to the 9/11 disaster relief the donors instead sent money through CAIR to Hamas.

And today Hamas formally declared war on the United States of America and called for terrorist attacks against us. With the democrats in charge I guess they felt safe enough to do that. Appeasement never ever works.

Roughly as many as there are Catholics :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.