How many of yow watched power rangers?

I must admit, it came out in '93 and I watched it for at least the first two seasons, but I got tired of it after the first movie. However, if I had to pick one tv show that defined my childhood it would be this one (or the really badly animated mario cartoon)

How many of you watched power rangers as kids?

I never got too into it, but like most girls… Ya know, the Pink ranger was awesome. :slight_smile:
I actually met Robert Axelrod (Lord Zedd) and Johnny Yong Bosch (Adam) last November. Quite fun. :3

It was always about the yellow ranger for me. I do miss that show but I dont know if i could watch it seriously again.

raises hand :blush::blush::blush:

It’s the morphing sequences I tell ya… and the weapons… and who could forget Zords? Ugh, man! The Zords. Those big, hulking bots are the biggest reasons why I still find PR addictive even in my twenties. I don’t really get it meself but there’s just something about the explosive, exaggerated way they finish off a giant monster that makes me drool…

I’ve even taken a small interest in PR’s original source, Super Sentai.

P.S.

Random Fact: Johnny Young Bosch is still quite a celebrity amongst anime fans. Two characters I’ve heard him voice are Ichigo from Bleach and Guy Cecil from Tales of the Abyss.

I used to watch that some years ago, in that time, a channel called Jetix (they should have named it “Power Rangers channel” or something like that) showed different Power Rangers series across the day.

Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad was far superior.

T-Rex! Pterodactyl! Mastodon! Stegasorous! Bronchitis! ...whoops...:shrug:

The blue ranger was my favorite. I always wanted to be the nerd.

Johnny’s done amaaaazingly well in his career, gotta say.
Oh, and his band’s pretty good too. :slight_smile:
(I liked him in Code Geass, he made a greeeaat Lelouch.)

Yeah my experience is just like the OP's. Stopped watching a little after they came out with the movie. It amazes me that show is still even on the air. :o

Watched it when I was a wee lad. The Green Ranger was my hero.

That and Rugrats pretty much composed my entire childhood.

That’s cuz most Power Ranger series are just heavily Americanized version of Japan’s Super Sentai. And believe me, Super Sentai has been around a lot longer, just like the Kamen Rider franchise. (And personally, I would rather morph via Henshin and go solo than be a team player. :cool:)

I used to watch when I was a kid, but I already stopped.

The Power Rangers are still popular amoung the preschool crowd. My son (almost 4 yo) and his cousin (4 yo) watch it regularly. We get old VHS tapes from the library. My son likes the red, his cousin likes the blue. They were even Power Rangers for Halloween!

lol yeah I knew all about Super Sentai and how long it’s been around… I just can’t believe they’re still re-making them for US audiences after this long. Why I feel that way, I’m not really sure… I just personally saw it as “jumping the shark” after the movie, if not before.

By the way, the Power Rangers they’re still showing in the US now… did they actually try maintaining a continuous storyline from the original (American) Power Rangers all these years? That would just blow my mind.

I am of the age that, when the Power Rangers came on the scene, I recognized them for what they were: a rip-off of Voltron. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :smiley:

I was more of a Ninja Turtles kid.

Power Rangers and Rugrats. Ahh, those were the days.:stuck_out_tongue:

That would be pretty much impossible since one reason why the Super Sentai series has lasted for so long (and could explain the longevity of its Power Rangers counterpart) is that the storyline for each one is independent from the other.

I hear RPM was the last Power Rangers series though. :nerd:

[quote="Joe_5859, post:16, topic:224366"]
I am of the age that, when the Power Rangers came on the scene, I recognized them for what they were: a rip-off of Voltron. :p ;) :D

I was more of a Ninja Turtles kid.

[/quote]

I recognized the similarities to voltron as well, but it's not really a ripoff, the Japanese just like giant robots that combine into even bigger robots.

And I can’t blame 'em. I find gattai bots addictive too… all that transforming, switching and attaching… drools @w@

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.