How many popes have been SFO's? (Secular Francisicans)

Hi,
My wife and I are currently in the process of becoming SFO’s and in inquirers class the subject of how many popes have been SFO’s. No one could answer that question, so I decided to ask here. Does anyone know?

God bless,

esqui

I don’t know if any have been Secular Franciscans, but according to this web page, Pope Leo XIII was a member of the Third Order. (Since it notes his membership in 1872 I presume he was already a cleric at the time)

tee

What would make someone a SECULAR franciscan - or, I guess my question is what are the qualities?

[quote=LSK]What would make someone a SECULAR franciscan - or, I guess my question is what are the qualities?
[/quote]

If you read the Rule of the Secular Franciscan Order, you can get a good idea of the types of qualities that Secular Franciscans should have (don’t worry; it’s not that long):

nafra-sfo.org/sforule.html

I found this web page that has lists of Popes, Cardinals, and other well-known people, who were Secular Franciscans (scroll down four times):

members.cox.net/sfobro/page1.html

Crazy Internet Junkies Society
Carrier of the Angelic Sparkles Sprinkle Bag

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.