How many times as the Lord returned to earth?

"And as he went on his journey, it came to pass that he drew nigh to Damascus; and suddenly a light from heaven shined about him. And falling on the ground, he heard a voice saying to him: Saul, Saul, why persecutest me? Who said: Who art thou, Lord? And he; I am Jesus whom thou persecutest. It is hard for thee to kick against the goad." Acts 9:3-5

How many times as the Lord returned to the earth, since his Ascension? I see at least one Biblical instance in Acts when he converts Saul. There are many others in private revelations as well. And how should we understand these returns in relation to the Second Coming? :)

He ascended into heaven.

But he is also always with us:

Matthew 28:20
"I am with you always, until the end of the age.”

I like to think that always when needed.

He is always needed!

God bless you+

I think Christ is always with us, as he said and as the Church teaches.

He is present in his people, the Church, he is present in his Word (the Bible), and he is present in the sacrament of Eucharist, which he left for us.

I believe we are inspired by Christ in those ways.

In the matter of private revelations, the Church says that they are primarily intended for the person who receives them. Nevertheless, we see the Church itself trying to broadcast those revelations as applying to all people -- a confusing position, to me -- isn't the gospel enough?
Why do I need a diary from Sister Faustina? or, secret messages from Fatima? Is there really anything new in them?

His second coming will be a return of Him in the flesh and all will be judged then.
As others pointed out He said to His disciples that He would allways be with us. And private revelations are but an extension of that. :thumbsup:

Officially: once.

Unofficially: Whenever someone sees His face on toast and puts it on eBay,

evidently the Holy Spirit speaks to many people through these accounts
for me the message is that faith is more than an intellectual exercise or being nice to people, that it involves a relationship that is immediate, passionate and life-changing
it is interesting to hear what others experience even if I may not understand well

I think the point about private revelations is that they point the way in living the Gospel in a particular era, or they warn us about the need for conversion .They always need to be understood in this light. The recent approved revelations like Divine Mercy, Fatima and Kibeho also point to the eschatological significance of our own era, pointing to the approaching second coming of Jesus.
For more on this aspect have a look here:
the-hermeneutic-of-continuity.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/heralds-of-second-coming-by-stephen.html

unveilingtheapocalypse.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/heralds-of-second-coming.html

[quote="sirach2v4, post:5, topic:328420"]
I think Christ is always with us, as he said and as the Church teaches.

He is present in his people, the Church, he is present in his Word (the Bible), and he is present in the sacrament of Eucharist, which he left for us.

I believe we are inspired by Christ in those ways.

In the matter of private revelations, the Church says that they are primarily intended for the person who receives them. Nevertheless, we see the Church itself trying to broadcast those revelations as applying to all people -- a confusing position, to me -- isn't the gospel enough?
Why do I need a diary from Sister Faustina? or, secret messages from Fatima? Is there really anything new in them?

[/quote]

What is wrong with being aware of authentic divine revelations? If Christ has appeared to His people for any reason whatsoever, I find that great news that I want to know about, even if it contains nothing practical for me. If Christ decided to show up at some saint's home and just wave hello, I think that's awesome and I would feel blessed knowing that.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.