How many ways have you heard that you can be "Born Again"

:coffeeread: Hi,

Throughout the years I have heard of becoming “Born Again” through Baptism, Altar Call, Baptism in the Spirit, Sinners prayer, and lastly through listening and taking in God’s word. I am just curious how many different ways to become “Born Again” are out there.

God :blessyou: All

You can only be born twice. Fist time is your natural birth from your mother. The second and last time is when you are baptised.

When I was a child, in the Baptist church, it was inviting Jesus into our hearts.

I think a far better question would be, what is the right way to get born again? Sure, that discussion has probably come up before, but that’s where the chocolate chip cookies lie. No use talking about all the other types of cookies, or how many other types of cookies there are. The only discussion I’m interested in is what cookie is the best.

According to my cousin, you’re in the wrong place if you don’t have an altar call every other service; how else are you going to be saved if you don’t respond to one?

Thank you Jesus for the one true church! :signofcross:

Only one: repent and believe the Good News.

How one expresses that can be legion.

Everything else is icing.

There is only one way, get on your knees and ask God to save you. God answers prayer

Acts 6:29 The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. 30 He then brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” 31 They replied, **“Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved–you and your household.” **32 Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all the others in his house. 33 At that hour of the night the jailer took them and washed their wounds; then immediately he and all his family were baptized. 34 The jailer brought them into his house and set a meal before them; he was filled with joy because he had come to believe in God–he and his whole family

Funny, the way so many say “all you have to do is repent/ believe/ walk forward and get a free hack job KJV translation / etc” when Jesus Himself clearly teaches that without rebirth through the water and the spirit (ie baptism) that one does not have eternal life. Amazing, simply amazing.

Except the times where there is no baptism. :wink:

Where does it say that in the Bible?

God answers prayer

Amen, He sure does! Somebody write down the date…we’re in agreement about something! :thumbsup:

Amen!! and that is the very first prayer he hears from a person:thumbsup:

AMEN!!!

AND AMEN!!! LOL I sound like those TV Evangelists:eek: Lord have mercy on me:o

I just simply agree with you all.:thumbsup:

All Catholics who are born again are born again through the baptism of water, blood, or desire.

Catholics shouldn’t be afraid of the term “Born again”.

Being “Born again” is simply following Jesus.

What part of Baptism as preached by Jesus and its necessity do people Not understand?

wow so those that are mentally diffient or in a semi vegetative state from birth, or before the age of reason, cannot be saved because they cannot accept by there “own” means Jesus as there personal lord and saviour.

The bible really doesnt mention this so IMO I think all of us agree that we have to rely on God’s mercy that He would absolutely take these people and children into heaven.:thumbsup:

Im not sure anyone here thinks any of the above mention go to hell just because they are not yet capable of professing the faith.
IMHO God is just and merciful and loving and will take those into heaven that are not able to profess the faith because of age or disability.:thumbsup:

IMHO God is just and merciful and loving and will take those into heaven that are not able to profess the faith because of age or disability.:thumbsup:

But what if he gave a means. What your describing is what the Church call extraordinery means of salvation, or baptism of desire. The ordinary means are baptism in the name of the Father the son and the Holy spirit.

The bible really doesnt mention this so IMO I think all of us agree that we have to rely on God’s mercy that He would absolutely take these people and children into heaven.:thumbsup:

Yet the Bible does mention friends and family member bringing those that could not come of there own power to Jesus and the apostles.

Is it? Where does the Bible say that?

So you don’t have a problem with us Catholics asserting like Christ and the Apostles did, that we must be born again with water and the Spirit? Buried in baptism to rise in newness of life.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.