How much a day do you use facebook?

I’m on it somewhat a bit becasue I have a lot of catholic friends in Mexico-a catholic tv/radio apostolate in Tijuana Mexico/San Diego…

I voted a half-hour or less because that is what I have been doing since summer began. During the school-year it is probably around two hours a day.

I actually use facebook more now that it's summer vacation because it's how I keep in touch with school friends, make plans for BBQs, and play Tetris ^_^;;; (Tetris is my secret vice...)

Hardly at all, I only got it in order to swap photos with friends from physical life.

ICXC NIKA

About an hour really since it doesn't take me too much time read anything essential... (oh that and maintain my Backyard Monsters territory :p).

YOu should have had another button for “Never” or “I tried it once and found it to be boring”. That is where I am with it. I prefer real friends instead of cyber or pseudo-friends. I know a lot of people who are really stressed out over facebook and feel sorry for them. There is no substitute for personal relationships.

[quote="Sherry_G, post:6, topic:248730"]
YOu should have had another button for "Never" or "I tried it once and found it to be boring". That is where I am with it. I prefer real friends instead of cyber or pseudo-friends. I know a lot of people who are really stressed out over facebook and feel sorry for them. There is no substitute for personal relationships.

[/quote]

:thumbsup: Ditto that.....

[quote="Sherry_G, post:6, topic:248730"]
YOu should have had another button for "Never" or "I tried it once and found it to be boring". That is where I am with it. I prefer real friends instead of cyber or pseudo-friends. I know a lot of people who are really stressed out over facebook and feel sorry for them. There is no substitute for personal relationships.

[/quote]

IMHO, Facebook is a tool of Satan. How many marriages have been ruined by Facebook, MySpace, ect.

Include me in the "what's a facebook?" crowd. Yawn. :shrug:

[quote="Veritatis3, post:8, topic:248730"]
IMHO, Facebook is a tool of Satan. How many marriages have been ruined by Facebook, MySpace, ect.

[/quote]

Let me preface by saying I have no time for Facebook, My Space or any other forms of such.
Tried it and found little to no time to keep up with it but do see it's value/benefit.

Much of my family uses it to stay in touch as people have spread out across the country. They still send me old fashioned emails or phone.

As far as a tool for Satan... I particularly disagree, but then again that's just me. From that view, FB wouldn't be much different than any other form of media up to and including message boards. Then again we could other non-media forms into that as well. Local parks can be used for fun or it can be used to secretly have an affair.

What is this "facebook" of which you speak?

Same. I almost never use it now. I was on it for a bit to see what my cousins were playing (Farmville).

[quote="Veritatis3, post:8, topic:248730"]

[/quote]

Marriages have been ruined by the Rubik's cube, too. Is that evil?

[quote="GEddie, post:13, topic:248730"]
Marriages have been ruined by the Rubik's cube, too. Is that evil?

[/quote]

Is that true?! How in the world?

FB does a lot more damage than just ruin marriages. We would be much better off without it but at the sametime I'm happy to use it for catholic org. And pro-life contacts- though that's not all I use it for... Unfortunately

What she said.

The beginning of RC use as an addictive behavior. Isn’t that what folks see as wrong with FB?

FB does a lot more damage than just ruin marriages. We would be much better off without it but at the sametime I’m happy to use it for catholic org. And pro-life contacts- though that’s not all I use it for… Unfortunately

Maybe we would. While I like the ability to share photos, etc, I myself don’t see why the thing is so time-eating popular. I have never yearned to reconnect with people from high school or to pour myself out to folks I’ve never known as physical human beings.

ICXC NIKA

That’s not how it’s been for me. :confused: Most of the friends I have are ones I also know in real life.
Sadly, after graduation we’ve all gone and split now that I can’t help but be glad that FB makes some kinda connection at least. :blush:

[quote="GEddie, post:4, topic:248730"]
Hardly at all, I only got it in order to swap photos with friends from physical life.

ICXC NIKA

[/quote]

Same here. It is just a fancy photo album, as far as I am concerned. I socialize with people the old-fashioned way-- I talk to them and go out with them.

I usually use it about 1 hour or so a day. I use it to keep with friends and family too. I am not the type to use the games on it as I am not a gamer nor seek out dating type relationships.

Those who have gotten caught cheating on a spouse using social media may have done so in a different way offline but may have not gotten caught.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.