How much do you love the Holy Spirit

Dear beloved friends in Christ. Just how much do you love the goodness of the Holy Spirit..? Where would we be without Him? :)

[quote="TEPO, post:1, topic:290045"]
Where would we be without Him? :)

[/quote]

We wouldn't be at all w/o Him.

He is my daily Guide and Companion. Even though I fail Him, He lovingly calls me to repentance and restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for His names sake and grants me peace in the midst of chaos. He teaches me to take time to pray before making decisions and is the One I want to go to when I have a need. The Blessed Holy Spirit is everything to me, and without Him, I wouldn't be here.

I don't love him nearly enough, or else I wouldn't be a chronic mortal sinner...I devote much of my time to God, but there is certainly a difference between extreme piousness and extreme love...

[quote="TEPO, post:1, topic:290045"]
Dear beloved friends in Christ. Just how much do you love the goodness of the Holy Spirit..? Where would we be without Him? :)

[/quote]

From Luther's Small Catechism, regarding the Third Article of the Apostles' Creed:

The Third Article.

Of Sanctification.

I believe in the Holy Ghost; one holy Christian Church, the communion of saints; the forgiveness of sins; the resurrection of the body; and the life everlasting. Amen.

What does this mean?--Answer.

I believe that I cannot by my own reason or strength believe in Jesus Christ, my Lord, or come to Him; but the Holy Ghost has called me by the Gospel, enlightened me with His gifts, sanctified and kept me in the true faith; even as He calls, gathers, enlightens, and sanctifies the whole Christian Church on earth, and keeps it with Jesus Christ in the one true faith; in which Christian Church He forgives daily and richly all sins to me and all believers, and at the last day will raise up me and all the dead, and will give to me and to all believers in Christ everlasting life. This is most certainly true.

I cannot love the Holy Spirit enough. I cannot come to Grace without the Holy Spirit, or have saving faith, or do His good works without Him.

Jon

The Lords will not ours. :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.