How much life do you lose every time you smoke a cigarette or take illegal drugs?

www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/technology/how-much-life-you-lose-4437754

It is easy to think just one crafty fag doesn't do much harm, but the website Treatment4addiction has calculated it could end up costing 14 minutes of life

How much life do you lose every time you smoke a cigarette?

It is easy to think just one crafty fag doesn’t do much harm, but a website has calculated it could cost 14 minutes of life.

That means regularly smoking 20 cigarettes a day can shave 10 years off your life expectancy.

But according to the site Treatment4addiction , alcoholics shorten their lives by 23 years, while cocaine-addicts can shorten theirs by 34 years.

Wow! Fascinating!

I didn’t realize that, about alcohol, especially shortening a person’s life.

I don’t think people should view it in these terms. Quality of life rather than length of life should be the focus.

I agree with that. I think quality of life would be a much bigger impact for these things. For example, a heroin addict would probably lead one of the worst quality lives around.

It is easy to think just one crafty fag doesn’t do much harm, but a website has calculated it could cost 14 minutes of life. That means regularly smoking 20 cigarettes a day can shave 10 years off your life expectancy.

It probably shortens life span because just think of all the health issues long term drinking would cause to a human body…

closed #7

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.