How much prayer each day?

Just curious about how much prayer others say each day. I say the rosary and the chaplet of divine mercy.

The Divine Office here:)

None. Prayer is pointless, two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer.

The Rosary daily. A must.

Are you asking to get banned? You’re free to your opinion, but how you phrase it is important.

To the OP, I try my best to pray a Morning Offering and a Rosary each day. But I do better at making little prayers as the day goes on.

You’re rude.

Please remember that this is, in fact, a Catholic forum. While you are expected to have your own views, you must be respectful to ours as this is a Catholic forum. Why join a forum if all you plan to do is harass the members who use it for what it is?
I am sure no Catholics have randomly approached you and started hurling insults directed towards your beliefs, so do NOT do this to us.

Here’s my answer to the question: I typically pray between 5 and 10 times a day, sometimes thanking God, and other times asking him for forgiveness of sins, and occasionally asking for his assistance or guidance.

God bless you! :slight_smile:

I go through my Prayer Rope during my commute. My personal rule is 50 per transfer. Sometimes I will do an extra 50 if the bus is taking too long.

And who says you cannot pray while working?

I pray morning prayers of thanksgiving as I rise, then a rosary on my way to work, prayers at lunch time and dinner time, grateful for the meals and all theother good things I receive and prayers that I will do God’s will in all things, I read the Bible daily for at least 15 - 20 minutes, praying the prayer to the Holy Spirit beforehand. Of course bedtime prayers. My most favorite prayer is the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass and I look forward to full retirement when I can attend daily Mass again. I ask God for guidance as I do my work each day. I try to make all my activities, including cooking dinner and cleaning up a prayer, too.:gopray2:

Asking to get banned? I did not know that could happen for an opinion! Why? Should he think and not say? Isn’t this a free world? Or Inquisition is back? I do not think the opinion is bad. S. Benedictin had the motto: “ora et labora” - work and pray. If you pray and you do nothing, you should not expect anything good to come. The vaccine against HIV will come through extremely hard work.

Is the fellow against prayer? I do not know! If he is against prayer, he is wrong. Period. No hard feelings.

Maybe he is playing with ideas, anyhow the guy is a Friendly Atheist not a Butcher Atheist like Stalin or Mao-Tse-Tung and for that, I thank him.

As for prayer, a great friend of mine, an old FrenchMan, said something that only the French know how to say: “La prière est comme le sel: ni trop ni peu” - Prayer is like salt, neither too little nor too much.

Sometimes I think that a prayer like “Thy Will Be Done” (so hard to take!) is enough.

EXXXXXXXXCELENT !!!
Please join the group Jesus’ Prayer! Thanks!

Thanks for the tips.

I say the rosary at least once a day. I also genuflect with a “glory be” morning and night… and I touch the crucifix in my hallway whenever I pass it, saying a little prayer or giving a "wassup?"to our Eternal Father.

Chill you folks bashing the Atheist. His answer is truthful and stated simply and without malice. I mean, he’s an atheist, what do you expect? Of course he should not be banned!

He answers he does not pray, feels it’s useless and hands can do more by working. Actually sounds a bit like Communism, but that fits very well with Atheism. This viewpoint of his, while a minority one here, surely can give fruitful discussion.

I see no reason, and don’t you feel it’s ironic, to be sharing your prayers and at the same time harshly criticizing another human who simply shared his answer to the same question.

Everyone who comes to CAF is led here. everyone is welcome and encouraged to share. Please pray for those who are seeking and have not yet found Jesus.

I am not trying to insult your beliefs I am only stating mine, what is wrong with that? And yes Catholics do harass and insult me they tell me that I am going to burn in hell for all eternity for not believing like they do. That is insulting to me!

Why would you need to?

“Pray without ceasing” (1 Thessalonians 5:17).
“You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might”* (Deuteronomy 6:5).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.