How much violence is too much?

I enjoy watching anime like Dragon ball, Naruto, Bleach, Inuyasha, etc.

I was just wondering if watching violent shows is sinful. How much violence makes a show sinful to watch?

I am unfamiliar with the things you list - but in general - there seems to be some division on the matter.

The best answer I can provide is a version of an old Cherokee legend of the two wolves...
An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. "A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy.

"It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego." He continued, "The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person, too."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

In the case of watching various programs, I think the question becomes...What is your response to the violence? Do you find it "attractive" and/or "justified"? Or are you put off by it...feeling that other solutions would be more appropriate.

I can't tell you that watching a given program is a sin....but I can say that everything we do effects our spiritual health....that is...feeds one of the wolves.

Peace
James

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.