How Nigeria is beating the killer virus [May be Ebola Free Next Week]

A nightmare scenario of Ebola raging unchecked among millions of slum-dwellers in Africa’s largest city has given way to a rare example of a victory over the virus.

Amid the gloom surrounding the escalating crisis in West Africa, developments in Lagos show how the right techniques at the right speed can bring about a welcome result.

With a population of more than 170 million, Nigeria is Africa’s most populous nation and there were fears that Ebola would take hold when a Liberian-American arrived with the disease in July.

Instead, along with much smaller Senegal, Nigeria is now on the brink of being clear of the virus for a 42-day period at which point the World Health Organization (WHO) can declare it Ebola-free.

bbc.com/news/world-africa-29654002

I was searching high and low for some kind of positive Ebola story, but I came up empty handed. I’m glad you found this, and the Senegal one, too.:slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.