How often do you pray to the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Saints, Jesus, etc?

How often do you pray? I recite the Rosary twice a day: once in the morning and once at night. I offer my prayers up to my ancestors in Purgatory who faced persecution in England, yet still defended their Catholic faith. And I also recite the Divine Mercy Chaplet every day at 3 PM.

I try to pray to them all as often as I remember. I pray the Rosary daily and St Bridget prayers and will sometimes add precious blood prayers plus some other things.
The Saints are really helpful as is Mary to take our prayers to God :)

hard to say, i pray all day long. Hail Marys and Our Fathers.

This is what i would do in one day everyday
I stat with a prayer of thankgiving to the Eternal Father. before even getting out of bed
then i go down to my sitting room and do the Divine Mercy infont of the Image of the Divine Mercy.
I go back to my bedroom and do the 15 St brigids prayers (the secret of happiness)
then i would the Holy cloak to St Joseph for any special intention that takes 30 days to complete then i would change. I do some other prayers out of the St Joseph book
then i do the chaplet to the Holy Face for crimes of blashpemy.
Then i finish with the Rosary. (take me about one and a half hours to complete)

Middle of the day I do the chaplet to Saint Michael and the healing prayer to the Combined Hearts of Jesus and Mary.

Night time i do
Chaplet for the Holy Souls
Divine Mercy
Holy Face chaplet
The Prayer to Jesus , Agonising on the mount of olives
I also do the chaplet to the Blessed Trinity or the Sacred Heart chaplet.
Then i read a passage from the Bible. (This takes about an hour)

I do the same thing! Rosary in the morning and at night, and then the Divine Mercy Chaplet at 3 PM. I feel like I'm missing something if I don't do this! ;)

I pray all day long also. To God and to my patron Saint

I talk a lot to God, Jesus, and the Blessed Virgin throughout the day. We say grace at supper and I pray for my ancestors in Purgatory offering up my day for their release and all the poor souls who have no one to pray for them.

Daily.......A lot:)

I pray all day long.

Divine Office
Rosary
Divine Chaplet
Prayers for the souls in Purgatory
Morning Offering

Prayer requests from this forum and my church

Additional prayers for holy days...etc.

[quote="Christine85, post:2, topic:294320"]
I try to pray to them all as often as I remember. I pray the Rosary daily and St Bridget prayers and will sometimes add precious blood prayers plus some other things.
The Saints are really helpful as is Mary to take our prayers to God :)

[/quote]

What are the St. Brigid prayers?

Many times a day.

Morning - Rosary, St. Michael Chaplet
Afternoon - Rosary
3:00 pm - Divine Mercy Chaplet
9:30 pm - Rosary

I was doing a 4th Rosary until this week when I cut back to 3

[quote="Lost_and_Found, post:12, topic:294320"]
Morning - Rosary, St. Michael Chaplet
Afternoon - Rosary
3:00 pm - Divine Mercy Chaplet
9:30 pm - Rosary

I was doing a 4th Rosary until this week when I cut back to 3

[/quote]

What is a St. Michael chaplet?

Not enough.

[quote="marian_love, post:13, topic:294320"]

[/quote]

saint-mike.org/library/chaplets/stmichael.html

[quote="marian_love, post:13, topic:294320"]

[/quote]

There is a devotion book to Saint Michael and the chaplet is in that
lapieta.tripod.com/stmchael.html
thats the link explaining how to say the chaplet

Am I the only one to find this thread title very disturbing?

Including the name of Jesus after the Blessed Virgin and the Saints seems to be placing Him on the same level and almost as an afterthought.

And I don't pray to the BVM or the saints, I ask their prayers. Yes, I pray to Jesus. A totally different relationship. They shouldn't be jumbled in together, imo.

[quote="paperwight66, post:17, topic:294320"]
And I don't pray to the BVM or the saints, I ask their prayers. Yes, I pray to Jesus. A totally different relationship. They shouldn't be jumbled in together, imo.

[/quote]

Yes, you do pray to the saints, how do you think they hear you asking them?

My typical prayer life is thus:

I attend Mass twice a week, and participate in all the prayer that entails. On Saturdays, we have been praying the Rosary for the intention of religious freedom in the USA. On Tuesdays, when I arrive on the bus, I spend 10+ minutes in Adoration, and after Mass, we have a tradition of a Novena to Our Mother of Perpetual Help.

For Lent 2011, I made a resolution to pray the Liturgy of the Hours twice a day: morning and evening. It takes a lot of effort to keep up, lately I have been praying once a day.

I have two habitual sins I am trying to cure myself of now, and when I commit them with my heart or my tongue I make myself offer a Hail Mary in reparation.

That is about the sum total of my prayer life, I certainly have room for improvement but I feel it is better than most people do. Our parish priests have put a great emphasis on the need for a regular daily prayer life and they are the reason I started the LOTH.

It was praying to the saints that led me to a deeper, fuller habit of prayer. We suffered a miscarriage a few years ago, which actually ended up reinvigorating my faith. We got pregnant a few months later. Each night I'd say an Our Father, a Hail Mary, then a prayer to St. Gerard asking him to pray for the health of our new baby. By the time she arrived, I'd added a couple more saints to the nightly list. I'd say a few other prayers throughout the day, but my nightly prayers were still rather short and concise. About a year later, we ended up pregnant again. There were problems from the start and my prayer to St. Gerard grew to be a bit lengthier and more involved. We'd also been pretty much ostracized from my extended family due to their disgust over the fact that we'd had our then-youngest daughter, so I'd also added in a nightly prayer to St. Maria Goretti asking her to pray that God grant me the strength to be as forgiving as her. As things went from bad to worse with the newest pregnancy, I added a few other saints into my nightly prayers, then a few more, until I found that my nightly prayers were now taking a good 15-20 minutes.

During my prayers one night, it struck me that I'd never prayed the Rosary. There were a lot of reasons for this, but a big one was my impression that it simply took too long. I looked at how long my nightly prayers were taking and that effectively dispelled that argument. I then tried to come up with any good reason at all not to but couldn't. I tried praying it after my nightly prayers the following night and found out that it wasn't nearly as painful (or long) as I thought it would be. I spent the next few weeks sticking with my nightly prayers and praying the Rosary on occasion. I'd also spend a bit of time after each reflecting on whether to keep praying the Rosary. I still couldn't find any reason to quit.

Then one night it occurred to me that countless other Catholic families actually had an active prayer life together, something that, outside of grace before dinner, I'd never had growing up. I began to wonder whether we shouldn't start praying the Rosary together as a family. Again, after a bit of introspection after my nightly prayers, I couldn't come up with any good reason not to. I was worried that my family would shoot down the idea if I asked them about it, so the next night I simply told them that we're a Catholic family and there's no good reason for us to not pray together, and since the Rosary is arguably the best prayer we have as Catholics, we were going to start saying it together that night.

I work nights so we don't always get to say it together each day (I say it every day, regardless), but we say it as a family at least 3-4 times each week. We said it quite a bit during what ended up being a completely healthy and uneventful pregnancy. I've also started reading from the Bible afterward, so as a family we get anywhere from 30-40 minutes of prayer and scripture together most nights. I pray a good deal throughout the day, although I've replaced a lot of my habitual Hail Marys with Memorares and Hail Holy Queens. I still pray before bed, although with the newborn the regular litany is often replaced by a quick prayer of thanksgiving to God and maybe an Our Father, Hail Mary and Glory Be.

St Bridget prayers - fisheaters.com/15prayersofstbridget.html

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.