How Often Do You Use Your Rosary Beads To Pray With?

how often do you use your rosary beads to pray with and what prayers do you say on them?

do you say any of the following?..how often do you say it/them?..what time of day?..wheres your favoourite place to pray with your rosary beads?

The Rosary
rosary-center.org/howto.htm

The Chaplet Of Divine Mercy
ewtn.com/Devotionals/mercy/dmmap.htm

The Rosary Of The Holy Wounds
light-a-candle.org/Prayers/Prayers-To-Print/475.html

The Chaplet Of Unity
jkmi.com/jkchapel.asp

Chaplet Of St Gertrude For The Holy Souls
sistersofembracement.org/Chpgertrude.htm

Holy Souls Chaplet
holysoulscrusade.org/prayers3.html

The Rosary Of The Dead/ The Rosary Of The Poor Souls
breviary.net/allsoulsguild/chaplet/rosary.htm

Regular Rosary Adapted For The Holy Souls In Purgatory
holysoulsrosary.org/

I primarily say the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, but I don't typically make extensive use of my Rosary. I have been using it far more frequently this Lent though.

I try to pray each day's Mysteries and I do a Chaplet of Divine Mercy but I haven't ever heard of any of the rest you posted, I'll be looking them up. I usually pray for an end to abortion, the souls in purgatory, those in sin, and for the people I pass and their intentions.

I try to pray my "regular" Rosary twice a day. Most days I also use the beads to say the Divine Mercy Chaplet.

[quote="PatrickSebast, post:2, topic:236695"]
I primarily say the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, but I don't typically make extensive use of my Rosary. I have been using it far more frequently this Lent though.

[/quote]

the divine mercy devotion is beautiful...my introduction to it was when i saw a copy of the jesus the divine mercy image, i thought it was so beautiful...i didnt know it was painted from an apparition given to st faustina and id never heard of the divine mercy devotion at that point, i just thought it was a nice picture of jesus
then a year later i saw a book for sale "the every day miracles of divine mercy and selected stories by val conlon" and i bought it thinking what a really interesting book it is...i still didnt know it had any connection to the divine mercy devotion...
then i bought the "will you help me? the handbook of devotion to the divine mercy" and when i saw the dvine mercy image in the book...it was like WOW!..i realised what that image was about, :D

I pray the Rosary daily and the Divine Mercy Chaplet a couple times a week.

I try to do a rosary a day, but very often fall short on it. Especially if I leave it until the evening so I have been trying to say a rosary during lunchtime. I also try to say the Divine Mercy Chaplet around 3pm or hopefully not too much past that, but sometimes I happen to be late on that also.

I have not prayed any of the others you have mentioned, but I have been curious to other prayers that may be said with regular beads. But that also being said, I find I am often using my fingers (while out/in the car) or using a virtual rosary more than the beads.

When I first came back to the church, I really longed for the beads though so even if I might use my fingers more or whatever, I'd never pass up having them.

And can you believe it, I lost my favorite rosary Sunday. :crying: I had it with me at mass, didn't have it when I got home, checked the car, tore apart my purse, checked the lost and found box at church... Gone.

And I had it for ages, at least 25 years. I think it belonged to one of my grandmas. It had wire-wrapped, iridescent, bright pinkish purple beads with a really cool, streamlined, futuristic Mary medal and crucifix.

Ah well... I only hope whoever was blessed enough to find it gets as much devotional use out of it as I did.

Sad times, sad times...

Oh, and I pray the rosary every day.

[quote="mom2em, post:7, topic:236695"]
I try to do a rosary a day, but very often fall short on it. Especially if I leave it until the evening .

[/quote]

im usually too tired to pray anything too long at bedtime...:)

I pray the regular Rosary and usually I add a prayer before it for different intentions

Daily :)

[quote="karow, post:8, topic:236695"]
And can you believe it, I lost my favorite rosary Sunday. :crying: I had it with me at mass, didn't have it when I got home, checked the car, tore apart my purse, checked the lost and found box at church... Gone.

And I had it for ages, at least 25 years. I think it belonged to one of my grandmas. It had wire-wrapped, iridescent, bright pinkish purple beads with a really cool, streamlined, futuristic Mary medal and crucifix.

Oh well... I only hope whoever was blessed enough to find it gets as much devotional use out of it as I did.

Sad times, sad times...

[/quote]

oh thats awful..especially with it having sentimental value...maybe you could have a notice put up on the church notice board or in the sunday mass newsletter then maybe whoever has it will return it if they know how much it means to you

[quote="crystal_waters, post:9, topic:236695"]
im usually too tired to pray anything too long at bedtime...:)

[/quote]

Precisely my reason for needing to change when I say it. Granted, I never really lie down with the intention of falling asleep, but I guess the suggestion of sleep is much too great for me and I fall asleep unknowingly ... until I wake in the morning thinking "goodness!" :p

So yes, it's something I am trying to change. :o

Currently, four Rosaries daily for specific intentions. A little Rosary story: A co-worker retired after she was diagnosed with cancer. She left the Catholic Church a few years before and had joined the Episcopal Church. However, as with many Episcopalians, she maintained her devotion to the Rosary prayer. Once I received a similar diagnosis, we drew much closer together, and always spoke of praying a Rosary together. Well, her disease progressed and the end was approaching. She moved to hospice and I visited her there, Rosary in hand. Upon seeing us, she immediately withdrew her Rosary and so DW and I prayed a Rosary with her - her last, I believe. Once we finished, she handed me her Rosary and said "We have to pass these on". Not wanting her to be without a Rosary in her last days, I gave her one that my Priest had just brought back from a pilgrimage to the Holy Land. She died one week later. At her funeral, her daughter came up to me and gave me my Rosary back. She told me that her mother held clutched it in her hand up to the end. Her daughter told me to keep the Rosary that her mom had given me, as they had others that belonged to her. Even though the corpus is missing from the cross, it is still a very special Rosary.

[quote="po18guy, post:14, topic:236695"]
Currently, four Rosaries daily for specific intentions. A little Rosary story: A co-worker retired after she was diagnosed with cancer. She left the Catholic Church a few years before and had joined the Episcopal Church. However, as with many Episcopalians, she maintained her devotion to the Rosary prayer. Once I received a similar diagnosis, we drew much closer together, and always spoke of praying a Rosary together. Well, her disease progressed and the end was approaching. She moved to hospice and I visited her there, Rosary in hand. Upon seeing us, she immediately withdrew her Rosary and so DW and I prayed a Rosary with her - her last, I believe. Once we finished, she handed me her Rosary and said "We have to pass these on". Not wanting her to be without a Rosary in her last days, I gave her one that my Priest had just brought back from a pilgrimage to the Holy Land. She died one week later. At her funeral, her daughter came up to me and gave me my Rosary back. She told me that her mother held clutched it in her hand up to the end. Her daughter told me to keep the Rosary that her mom had given me, as they had others that belonged to her. Even though the corpus is missing from the cross, it is still a very special Rosary.

[/quote]

thats a beautiful story, im sure god blessed her for her devotion to the rosary and im sure he smiled down on you for praying that rosary on her behalf

four rosaries? thats awesome! is that 4 of the 5 decade rosaries...or 4 of the full rosaries with all 4 mysteries?

[quote="karow, post:8, topic:236695"]

Ah well... I only hope whoever was blessed enough to find it gets as much devotional use out of it as I did.

Sad times, sad times...

Oh, and I pray the rosary every day.

[/quote]

Poor Karow! I will pray that whoever found it will return it this Sunday to the lost and found. Maybe you can put a notice in the bulletin. I understand how you must feel to have lost such a precious rosary, used by your beloved grandmother.

I would feel horrible if I lost my Gramma's rosary. It is old, dating to the 1930s when she was a young mother, with emerald green, plastic beads, and a tarnished, gold tone Crucifix and medallion. The image of the BVM on the medallion is nearly worn smooth from all the years she used this rosary, from the 1930s to her death in 1986. I keep it on my bedpost for safekeeping. When I feel really in need of her intercession on my behalf, I use her rosary for saying my prayers.

I also have the rosary she had made for me for my First Holy Communion, back in 1964. She had a friend who made beautiful rosaries. Mine is of white moonstones, and is in my jewlery box for safe keeping. It is small, just child sized.

[quote="Peggy_in_Burien, post:16, topic:236695"]
It is old, dating to the 1930s when she was a young mother, with emerald green, plastic beads, and a tarnished, gold tone Crucifix and medallion. The image of the BVM on the medallion is nearly worn smooth from all the years she used this rosary, from the 1930s to her death in 1986. I keep it on my bedpost for safekeeping. When I feel really in need of her intercession on my behalf, I use her rosary for saying my prayers.

I also have the rosary she had made for me for my First Holy Communion, back in 1964. She had a friend who made beautiful rosaries. Mine is of white moonstones, and is in my jewlery box for safe keeping. It is small, just child sized.

[/quote]

wow your grandmothers rosary sounds lovely, i bet she wore that medal smooth by devot prayer:D

thats really special that your grandmother had a rosary specially made for your first communion, it sounds really pretty too

Four 5 decade Rosaries at this point.

wow! i hope i can work my way up to 4…you sure are an inspiration to me:thumbsup:

Thanks Peggy and Crystal. I was really annoyed when I realized it was gone not only because I loved it but also it's not like me to misplace something important like that. I'm just not a person who loses small-but-important stuff keys, glasses, receipts, etc. (My husband is, but I'm not judging. :rolleyes:)

I guess I could ask that a notice be put in the bulletin... But you know, I like to think that maybe God knew somebody around me needed that rosary more than I did, so he released it from me.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.