How often to attend daily Mass?

I’m not Catholic yet (in RCIA now) and I love attending daily Mass. I will love it even more when I can receive Communion. If I could, I’d attend every day of the week, but that doesn’t work with my schedule. Of the 5 weekdays, I usually have been able to get there twice in the week. However, it’s getting very hard with work pressures, so I may have to only go once in the week. My question is: for those of you who attend daily Mass, how do you decide how many times in a week to go?

I think you should go as often as you are able and still meet your other obligations.

I would love to attend daily mass but can not due to my work obligations. I find the best compramise for me is to subscribe to the “Daily Readings from the NAB” podcast on Zune. iTunes has the same thing.

same way everyone else does, I suppose, I go when I can. Usually it is only to the Friday am school Mass, because if I came to 7am Mass daily it would mean routine 12 hour work days, not possible for me at this time, and I live too far away to go home and come back to work later.

Often however I have the opportunity for daily Mass if there is a funeral here or at a neighboring parish, but I can’t make their evening Masses because of CCD.

I go when I can. Fortunately, that’s almost every day for me now. I can’t imagine being free to go and not going. But that’s just me and my preference - no kind of rule or law. If I can’t go, I’m at peace about it.

A very wise spiritual director once told me that “because I want to” is the very best reason to do anything for God. So go to daily Mass when you can and when you want to.

Betsy

I want to go on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. It’s the only days I can. I love daily Mass too :slight_smile:

Mass really helped me when I was becoming Catholic, before I could receive the Eucharist. So did Adoration. Now that I’ve entered the Church, I love it because of Communion. God bless you on your journey :slight_smile:

When I was a homemaker, I’d walk the kids to school, the walk over to the 9am Mass. It was said in Italian (Brooklyn) and usually there would be Father Carmine, a few old ladies and me. But once I moved back to St. Louis, I went to college, worked 2 or 3 jobs at a time and still had those 2 kids to raise (with a lot of assistance from my parents). I haven’t been able to get to a weekday Mass in probably 20 years, except for a funeral.

You fulfill your Sunday obligation on the weekend, and if you have the opportunity to go during the week, it will only benefit you. But if you can’t, you haven’t done anything wrong.

“legaleagle” I’m very happy to hear that you have a desire to attend daily Mass. Keep hoping and praying. Our Lord has put that desire in your heart for a reason. :gopray2:

There really is no criteria, though… for deciding how often to go. I too, love the daily… weekday Mass. And would go every single day… if my schedule permitted (I’m a caregiver). Sadly, it does not. :frowning: So… I go to daily Mass whenever possible.

I will keep you in my prayers, dear soul.

I could just copy and paste Betsy’s post.

If I can, I go. If I can’t, it’s OK. Most weeks, I can go nearly every day. On the weeks where I miss a couple of days, I can feel it. Daily Mass is a wonderful treasure and we are blessed if we are able to go.

You just have to figure out what works for you. When I was working my last job, I went 2-3 times during the week. When I was out of work, I went pretty much every day. Now with my new job, I will maybe be able to make it once a week to the evening Mass. I’ll miss the daily Mass going, but I have to be a work early so there isn’t anything I can do about it.

So go when you can and don’t stress over it when you can’t.

Due to my job, I can’t go every day, but I do go on Mondays. I just subscribed to Magnificat and as soon as I get it, I will do the readings for each Mass in the morning before I go to work.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.