How old do you have to be to be Married in the catholic church?

I’m not getting Married i just want to know

hhmm… good point

i’m not aware of any age restriction. mostly age restrictions are set out by governments. surely the age of consent has changed. in the 1st century, it was common for women to get married in their early teens. the Blessed Virgin Mary was bethoed to Joseph at around the age of 14. as society change, there was a need to both the male and female to be at a more mature age, primarily because of the changes i nthe society. a 14 year-old nowadays would never be able to support a family. unlike in the distant past when they could have easily worked in a field or fish

why did i bring that up? because i would think if there are any restrictions within the
Church, it would be based on a historical age, so it could be as young as 12 or 13

Can. 1083 §1. A man before he has completed his sixteenth year of age and a woman before she has completed her fourteenth year of age cannot enter into a valid marriage.

§2. The conference of bishops is free to establish a higher age for the licit celebration of marriage.

you must meet the minimum age requirement to get married in your state/province/country and must be at least 16 (male) or 14 (female)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.