How old do you have to be to have a dispensation for Lent?

I have always observed eating Fish on Fridays even when it is not Lent. With Lent starting on March 5, can you tell me how old you have to be to be absolved from not having to eat Fish? I remember when my parents were alive, my mother had the answer to this question; however, I cannot remember it. Thank you for your time.

Canon 1252 All persons who have completed their fourteenth year are bound by the law of abstinence; all adults are bound by the law of fast up to the beginning of their sixtieth year. Nevertheless, pastors and parents are to see to it that minors who are not bound by the law of fast and abstinence are educated in an authentic sense of penance.

While the Church places an age limit on who is expected to fast, there is no age limit on abstinence from meat. In cases where someone’s health would be adversely affected by abstinence from meat then they would be considered dispensed from the law.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.