How old were you when you had your first steady boyfriend or girlfriend?

How old were you when you had your first steady boyfriend or girlfriend?

(If you haven’t had a boyfriend or girlfriend yet and are over 28, please mark 28+)

(If you are younger than 28 and have not had a girlfriend or boyfriend yet, please do not answer.)

Steady dating is so over rated.

I’m 43 and still waiting.
I’m available!

go with God!
Edwin

I’m 43 and still waiting.
I’m available!

Wow. I don’t think I could stand that waiting. If I don’t have a girlfriend by the time I’m 25, I might as well become a priest.

What is the definition of a “steady” boy/girlfriend?

One that doesn’t wobble? :slight_smile:

Seriously, I try to answer the question but I keep getting hung up on the word steady–I’m not sure what is meant by that. Does it mean “recurring dates”? Does it mean “to the exclusion of others”? Does it mean “seriously involved”? Is it code for “sexually involved”?

[quote=Madaglan]Wow. I don’t think I could stand that waiting. If I don’t have a girlfriend by the time I’m 25, I might as well become a priest.
[/quote]

aww dont say that…God isnt ready for you to meet your special someone!

I’m 38 and have yet to have a “steady” boyfriend.

I started dating my fiance a week short of my 19th bday, so i put 17-18. i’m interpreting ‘steady’ as fiance material.

I interpret “steady” as dating the person that one is to marry. (I don’t see much pupose to the “steady” dating thing, otherwise.) I met my husband and started seeing him when I was 24 and he was 23.

God bless,
oremus

I dated sporatically in high school. My first “steady” girlfriend was when I was 23. We dated for two months when we “sort-of” dumped each-other…I had “something important” to discuss with her and she decided not to return my message…I guess she knew why I wanted to talk to her…:stuck_out_tongue:

It was for the best because I met my wife shortly thereafter. :slight_smile:

I was 20 when I had my first boyfriend. I married him. :smiley:

I met my 1st boyfriend when I was a month from turning 17. We started dating 6 weeks later.
I married him when I was 2 weeks shy of 19.:heart:

I was sixteen years old when I had my first steady boyfriend. We didn’t last because he decided he wanted to date another girl! Ah well. That was highschool! :rolleyes:

I was 19 when I met my first steady boyfriend and I married him.:smiley:

Just turned 24 and still waiting…:slight_smile:

I was 16 when i had my first boyfriend and it lasted until i was almost 21, he dumped me when he decided marriage wasnt what he wanted after all.

I was 18 when I met my too be husband in another country. (he is German and I am Canadian) we were together 3 years and than I moved to Germany to be with him. that was 10 years ago. we Married when I was 24 and he 23. But we knew even when we were 18 we wanted to be together. We now have a son Karsten and a daughter Becca.

somtimes u just have to wait for the right person to come along… I m gald I waited… or I would not have what I have now…

I had my first “steady” girlfriend at 16, which lasted until I was 18. After that I did not have a any steady relationships until I met my future wife last year (at age 32).

Met my wife when we were both 15. At 16, I predicted that when we were 19 we would be married. She told me that I did not know what love is. The good news: Married at 19 and still married after 38 wonderful years!!

[quote=BillFL]Met my wife when we were both 15. At 16, I predicted that when we were 19 we would be married. She told me that I did not know what love is. The good news: Married at 19 and still married after 38 wonderful years!!
[/quote]

ROCK ON! thats awesome i love to hear about long marriages after getting married young. GIVES ME HOPE FOR THE FUTURE!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.