How or when do you know you're lukearm?

Lately I’ve been all topsy turvey with my faith. Alot of stuff has been going on inside me mentally and spiritually. Now I don’t know if this is some sort of spritual ‘puberty’ that I’m going through as I’m only 17, but I need to know if I’m lukewarm. How or when do you know that you’ve reached that point? I really do not want to displease Jesus by being lukewarm as the Bible states that he will spit us into hellfire. :frowning: HELP!

Chris a lot of things are happening in your life when you’re 17.
If you just continue each new day to try again, to give some time talking to God, praying, and some time to be kind to others around you in any little way you can.
Faith can’t necessarily be measured by feelings, but by how you choose to live each day.

At whatever age, I don’t think you’ll find that many of us think we’re doing marvellously. A lot of us are up one day, discouraged the next. It’s human.
It is not my impression that you are lukewarm.
If you were my son or grandson I think I’d be quite proud of how you try.
Just because people don’t always talk to you here, doesn’t mean we don’t see you’re trying the best you can manage.

We don’t always feel like doing good, but we try, as do you.

**After I posted this it came to mind what St Therese of Lizieux said not long before she died, though she is truly a saint, and also a Doctor of the Church:

“This desire [to be holy] could certainly appear daring if one were to consider how weak and imperfect I was, and how after seven years in the religious life, I am still weak and imperfect.

I always feel, however, the same bold confidence of becoming a great saint because I do not count on my own merits since I have none, but I trust in God who is Virtue and Holiness. God alone, content with my weak efforts, will raise me to Himself and make me a saint, clothing me in His infinite merits.

I didn’t think then that one had to suffer very much to reach sanctity, but God was not long in showing me this was so and in sending me the trials I have already mentioned**.” Therese remarked that such holiness may “not be evident to the eyes of mortals.”

I hope her words encourage you.

God bless you,
Trishie

When you care so little that you don’t post your concerns on CA. You’re in my prayers friend.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.