How should I answer this?

Pope Benedict XVI was a Hitler Youth.

Interesting bit of info for you all…

My response was “What does something like that prove?” I don’t really see what the point is of a remark like that. It was posted on our forum by someone who likes to cause trouble. no less.

You can answer as my local newspaper did this morning.

Our Pope was 14 when all boys in Nazi Germany were force ( I said FORCED) to join that Youth Group. When he was fifteen he was released because he said he wanted to be a priest. He lived a home all the time.

Later in winter of 1945, he was put in a work gang with old men to dig ditches,etc. Thats it.

He was a Nazi Pope!!!

He Shunned Catholics away (because he wouldn’t bend the rules to fit their lifestyles???)

My advice is to ignore all of these attacks against the Holy Father!!! People can say what they want, but ultimately, the Church will continue to push morality on the world.

Don’t let it get you down!!!
Thank God that Catholicism isn’t a democracy or we would all be in trouble!!!

God Bless His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI!!!

Thank you very kindly for your help. I don’t let it upset me much, because the person who said that likes to be a troublemaker.

[quote=Shinobu]Thank you very kindly for your help. I don’t let it upset me much, because the person who said that likes to be a troublemaker.
[/quote]

must be a senior member of these forums:D

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.