How should I convert a convicted felon in prison?

A friend pleaded guilty to three charges of pedophilia and is serving 10 years in prison. The newspaper reported that when he was sentenced, he said, “I hope people will remember some of the good I have done, and I hope some day I might be forgiven for what I have done.”

I pray for his victims and their families whose lives have been changed by this sinner’s vicious perversion. And my heart also grieves for my friend who wrote to me that he “feel[s] like I’ve been thrown away.”

I am a Catholic and have faith in Jesus; Ste. Therese prayed for the conversion of a vicious serial killer; Jesus asks us to visit those in prison. My friend has no religious training or faith (that I know of). So I will obey and pray for his conversion and visit him in prison.

MY QUESTION IS:
What can I do, or what resources can I provide to convert this sinner?
Love and Cheers, Sam

These links should give you the answers that you need. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
**Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*]Faith behind Bars
*]Criminals Need Theology, Not Just Jesus
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.