How should I respond to this?

Amen - Thank you for expounding on the reference. I was unable to at the time.
This is exactly what I was hoping to point out.
:thumbsup:

Peace
James

Thank you both. This is excellent. I’ll have my husband very gently bring this chapter up to him the next time it is mentioned.

My whole thing is that if a religion is correct then it should be demonstrable in one’s life. If he is full of anger, resentment, pain, anxiety and not at peace then something is clearly wrong with what he is doing.

If you however, are at peace during times of tribulation, if you suffer through pain with a joyful attitude and happily go about life whether you have little or much, then people will notice. This approach takes time but is the most authentic

*We have to act in such a way that others will be able to say, when they meet us: this man is a Christian, because he does not hate, because he is willing to understand, because he is not a fanatic, because he is willing to make sacrifices, because he shows that he is a man of peace, because he knows how to love.

• St. Josemaria Escriva*

If he is obstinate about the subject of religion and rules then it might be a wise not to try to force the issue and just be his friend instead. This approach takes time. Forcing a conversation about doctrine and dogma won’t do any good if he has it in his mind that he is correct.

-Tim-

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.