How soon after starting RCIA can I be confirmed?

As an already baptized Christian, would I have to wait until Easter to be confirmed into the Catholic Church if I started RCIA now? I feel like I read on this site that baptized Christians can join outside of Easter.

I know that this process shouldn’t be rushed and I expect it to take some time, but a year seems a bit long for someone who has been reading, studying, and praying for several years now. I’m married to a catholic and slowly over time I have come to accept and believe the teachings of the Catholic Church, which I never thought would happen. (That’s probably why I never made the plunge to start RCIA, although I do attend mass with my husband on the weekends we don’t go to my church.) Since Easter this year I have been sure that I want to join the church, but I’m still building up the courage to take that first step. I know I should ask when I start RCIA about the timeline, but I thought it would be helpful to know if there was a rule about this before i start.

The following links should help answer your questions about joining the Catholic Church. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:

Is RCIA necessary to becoming a Catholic?
How to Become a Catholic

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.