How the 4 marks inform pastoral ministry

I am in a diocesan diaconate program. So far I haven't had any problems but recently we were asked to chose one of the four marks of the church and write a reflection on how that mark would inform your pastoral ministry. I'm at a loss. Maybe I'm thinking too much, but I would love it someone could help me out.:)

One
Holy
Catholic
Apostolic

I can think of a lot here, though I'm not in the diaconate. One - the call to unity in the face of divisions over non-essential matters. Or the call to wholeness in oneself - to live in accord with one's faith.

Holy - dedication to the Lord, separateness from sin and from our former lives as we continue to be converted to and conformed to Christ.

Catholic - ours is a Church for all people, that we are Catholics first and regard our nationalities second.

Apostolic - that we trace our teaching back to the Apostles. I was astonished to find references in Irenaeus and Cyprian to merits, language that I had trouble finding in Scripture and thus had struggled with in understanding the doctrine of indulgences, and yet there it is, an ancient teaching.

I hope that I will be able to think of a lot too, because I need about 5 pages. I really understand the four marks of our church...just not sure how they affect (inform) pastoral ministry.

[quote="NeonKnight, post:3, topic:239677"]
I hope that I will be able to think of a lot too, because I need about 5 pages. I really understand the four marks of our church...just not sure how they affect (inform) pastoral ministry.

[/quote]

I think the catechism of the catholic Church has an elaboration of each mark, i suppose they could be a jumping board.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.